75 grain v max

devonfoxer

evening all just been out with a chap having a look around so i could try out the newround i made up .its a 75 grain vmax in 2506 48.5 grains of varget coming out the end of my 22 inch sako 75 mk 4 and ....... wow this is what i been after 3550 fps its amazing from ranges 100 to 200 yards absollutly amazing the dropped ded on the spot very small entry wound fist size exit wound well i just had to share lol atb stu

is there a real benefit to pushing them 3800fps?

I cant imagine the actual (rather than theoretical) trajectory benefits outweigh the stress the throat and barrel go through to produce that

3550 will give me a 8 cm drop at 300 yrds much past that i wont be shooting any way lol most foxes are shot 100 to 200 anyway this does exactly what i want from it atb stu

I use 85gr nos bal tips at the mo,they are as accurate as I've seen,they were doing 3333fps on 46.5gr of varget,I've loaded a batch to test at 47grs,if good as the others I will use them,may even try another half grain,they will be skipping along :D

bewsher im shooting inch high at 100 which is zero at 200 8 cm low at 300 awseum round devastating on them charlies

evening all just been out with a chap having a look around so i could try out the newround i made up .its a 75 grain vmax in 2506 48.5 grains of varget coming out the end of my 22 inch sako 75 mk 4 and ....... wow this is what i been after 3550 fps its amazing from ranges 100 to 200 yards absollutly amazing the dropped ded on the spot very small entry wound fist size exit wound well i just had to share lol atb stu

I tested some 75 grain VMax's in .25-06 on Saturday with increasing loads of H4831SC. In terms of accuracy 58 and 62 grains proved to be the most accurate batches, with the 62 grain loads (Max load according to Hodgdon) being chrono'd at about 3550fps.

Back