Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ratel stalking rifle

Ratel stalking rifle

Just wanted to thank Mike Norris at Brock and Norris for his meticulous attention to detail in building my new rifle. He spent 6 hours with me yesterday adding the final touches and even giving me an impromptu reloading lesson to ensure the ammo comes up to spec. It is in 7mm-08 and the rifle shoots a 0.302" group at 100m with 139 grain Hornady SST's, annoyingly I am away this weekend so cant yet shoot it myself!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030301.JPG 
Views:	234 
Size:	911.9 KB 
ID:	19646Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030300.JPG 
Views:	307 
Size:	939.0 KB 
ID:	19645Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030302.JPG 
Views:	253 
Size:	948.0 KB 
ID:	19647

What glass did you put on it Steve? You could ha e used it last week in Thetford!

Hi mate, Its a Zeiss conquest in 6.5-20x50. I was hoping to use it on the test at thetford as my .308 needs some down time for refurb.

Unfortunately I had been in the workshop from 4.30 am ( i need my bloody bumps felt!) to ensure Steve had his rifle ready to go as it is a long journey up from essex. Even then there is still a lot of detailing neccesary before i am happy to let a rifle go out of the door. It was an absolute pleasure to be able to have steves company for a short time as he was able to see just what goes into a bulid. I was really happy when Steve expressed it was exactly what he wanted and the balance was perfect . I know that he had spent a great deal of time researching and deliberating his specification and was most particular in what he required. I am most pleased that we were able to realise his dream. All I have to do now is finish its twin for delivery next week................ so back to the salt mines for me

Thanks again Mike, I am looking forward to trying it out on some Hinds next month

Account Suspended
    midhurst west sussex
    now that is a cracking bit of kit, stunning work from brock and norris

What stock is on it

Nice spec, great looking rifle

Quote Originally Posted by bri2506 View Post
    What stock is on it

Adjustable HTG
    Available with adjustable integral cheekpiece.

Oooh I like that beautiful looking thing.......

May I ask why 7-08? I had the privilege of talking to the Brock and Norris crew at the Midland Game Fair and it seemed that they have gone with heavy .308 bullets from a short barrel at relatively moderate velocities but still getting long range accuracy (they quoted out to 1200m). Will you still get that from 7-08? (forgive my ballistic ignorance).