deer sledge

hello
just wondering if any one has used a deer sledge on bad ground and if they are any good

Sledges are good, less ground impact and don't bounce all over the place ,make sure you get or make one with steel floor runners and a piece of steel plate along the front to act as a impact plate heather goes through the fiberglass pretty quickly other wise .

A swivel tow hitch is also a must saves it pulling the bike when it's loaded on undulating ground .

Sledges are good, less ground impact and don't bounce all over the place ,make sure you get or make one with steel floor runners and a piece of steel plate along the front to act as a impact plate heather goes through the fiberglass pretty quickly other wise .

A swivel tow hitch is also a must saves it pulling the bike when it's loaded on undulating ground .
thanks cannot get a bike in i will be the only horse power available

I use the roll up plastic jobs. If you can be bothered to carry it ,then tie the beast on properly you will be rewarded with a much easier drag. Good if you a on your own.

Downside is that they suffer from abraison on stoney ground and will deteriorate in no time if used on hill tracks.

Hi Jack.
Out with a guy yesterday who makes seats etc. He also makes small sledges for a man to pull, in this light weight frame sits your carcase tray. We pulled a big fallow buck out the wood in it and although still tough going through the mud was deffinately easier than dragging the deer along the ground. Give me a PM if you would like his number.

Back