Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to fix Harris bipod to Sauer 200

How to fix Harris bipod to Sauer 200

Does anyone know how it's done and what "special" overpriced piece of kit I need to buy to make it happen, or will a couple of cable ties and some No More Nails do the job adequately ?

Assuming you have the same Sauer Sling stud that goes on the 202, I think you would be better to put a conventional stud under the forend. Due to the very slim nature of the wood on Sauer's it is best to drill a clearance hole through, and put a nut and washer on the inside of the wood rather than using the wood screw type of sling swivel. I can photograph mine if it helps? I made my own sling stud on a lathe, filed the flats on either side and cut a 2BA thread on it. (Only used 2BA as those are the dies I have available). Not experienced any problems,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so far,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in five years.

i recently had to fit a stud to my 202 synthetic, it was a straightforward job. I used a machine screw type stud and counter sunk the inside of the hole to reduce the height of the receiving nut and to increase the clearance

As above. Loads of clearance between foreend and barrel so room for a normal sling stud with nut behind.

I asked Sauer if there was a method of attaching a Harris bipod to their 202's and the answer was no. Also checked the Harris accessory range and there is no such device. Finally gave in and had a stud fitted.....which I didn't want to do as it spoils the look of the rifle.

I thought there was an adaptor that fits the accuracy international bipod copies that would fit the sauer sling attachment,maybe wrong though

Thanks to all for their advice and comments - especially buckup for photos and stalker.308 for the solution. Problem now solved with a purpose made stud

Sorry to open an old thread but I have the same dilema on my 202. Any photo's advice would be greatully received. Currently using a Vanguard mini tripod and not getting on with it.
    Sauer 202 in 243 and 308/Ruger 22-10/Sako Trg-22 and lots of 12g

Pm stalker 308. He had the correct connection for mine and hopefully he might have some left. Basically it's a normal stud but with a metal "bar" that fits inside the forend to give it more strength - Ideal solution

Sounds a top solution for any overly thin forend as there can't be too many feelings as sickening as sudden lightening of load followed by a crack as 4Ks worth of rifle smacks against a tree stump.