Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny shooting tales

Funny shooting tales

If anybody has any,post them

First buck with my .308 earlier this year, took the shot scope punched me in the eye and gave me a shiner , got the buck though !

I had a buck early in the season and thought I could clear the ream and the ground gave way as I powered off and ended up in black stagnant water up to my family jewels,this isn't the first time either

I had not got my 22-250 long,zeroed it in,went lamping,we saw a fox and I kept missing it,a hd about 5 shots at it,I kept aiming high not being familiar with how flat they shoot,my mate and I were laughing are heads of even more every miss,I dint get to fire another we were laughing that much

Talked to a mate why bought an addon nv unit for bunny bashing which I recommended. Phoned me up telling me how crap it was. So in order to find out why it was so bad I asked some questions.
    So what's wrong with it?
    It doesn't work.
    When I connect to the scope.
    So what's it like when u use it as a monocular.
    Great works really well.
    So it doesn't't work when you attach it to the scope.
    Have you tried turning on the laser?

problem sorted
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by Acm View Post
    First buck with my .308 earlier this year, took the shot scope punched me in the eye and gave me a shiner , got the buck though !
    Well known phenomenon, generally known as Weatherby eyebrow.

I was out with the same mate another evening,he kept falling over,one of the falls he was getting over a barbed wire fence and it snapped and he fell strait on his face and his 22-250 stuck in the ground like a spear,he fell down 5 times that night,when we got back to his 4x4 I said there is no way your driving me home

Another many of you had the same happen,up real early,I've driven for 10 minutes and realised I had left the rifle at home

There is a few of mine to get the thread started

I once watched a very good friend of mine from a high tower stalk for about 15 minutes a few fields away a broken branch in the hedge back , then to see him get close and realise what it was and see it all through my binos, i took the mick out of him for years.