Funny shooting tales

First buck with my .308 earlier this year, took the shot scope punched me in the eye and gave me a shiner , got the buck though ! :D

I had a buck early in the season and thought I could clear the ream and the ground gave way as I powered off and ended up in black stagnant water up to my family jewels,this isn't the first time either :doh:

I had not got my 22-250 long,zeroed it in,went lamping,we saw a fox and I kept missing it,a hd about 5 shots at it,I kept aiming high not being familiar with how flat they shoot,my mate and I were laughing are heads of even more every miss,I dint get to fire another we were laughing that much :rofl:

Talked to a mate why bought an addon nv unit for bunny bashing which I recommended. Phoned me up telling me how crap it was. So in order to find out why it was so bad I asked some questions.
So what's wrong with it?
It doesn't work.
When?
When I connect to the scope.
So what's it like when u use it as a monocular.
Great works really well.
So it doesn't't work when you attach it to the scope.
Nope!
Have you tried turning on the laser?
Silence!!!

problem sorted

I was out with the same mate another evening,he kept falling over,one of the falls he was getting over a barbed wire fence and it snapped and he fell strait on his face and his 22-250 stuck in the ground like a spear,he fell down 5 times that night,when we got back to his 4x4 I said there is no way your driving me home :D

Another many of you had the same happen,up real early,I've driven for 10 minutes and realised I had left the rifle at home :doh:

I once watched a very good friend of mine from a high tower stalk for about 15 minutes a few fields away a broken branch in the hedge back , then to see him get close and realise what it was and see it all through my binos, i took the mick out of him for years.

Another many of you had the same happen,up real early,I've driven for 10 minutes and realised I had left the rifle at home :doh:

I've driven a lot longer thans 10 mins before remembering and sometimes :doh: is just the tip of the iceberg.

Left the forend of the shot gun behind, only to realise when a mile out on the mud.

My other 2 mates had been shooting,packed up for the day and was driving back around the track,he has drove around there countless times and he missed the bridge strait down in the v ditch and my other mate smashed the screen out with his head :rofl: lol

One night, at the lodge of a hunting club, two new members
were being introduced to other members and shown around.
The man leading them around said, "See that old man asleep
in the chair by the fireplace? He is our oldest member and
can tell you some hunting stories you'll never forget."
They awakened the old man and asked him to tell them a
hunting story.
"Well, I remember back in 1944, we went on a lion hunting
exposition in Africa. We were on foot and hunted for three
days without seeing a thing. On the fourth day, I was so
tired I had to rest my feet. I found a fallen tree, so I
laid my gun down, propped my head on the tree, and fell
asleep. I don't know how long I was asleep when I was
awakened by a noise in the bushes. I was reaching for my
gun when the biggest lion I ever saw jumped out of the
bushes at me like this...ROOOAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
I tell you, I just pooped my pants."
The young men looked astonished and one of them said,
"I don't blame you, I would have pooped my pants too if a
lion jumped out at me."
The old man shook his head and said, "No, no, not then,
just now when I said 'ROOOAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Usually wellies, or coat! Somehow always remember just after getting on the motorway - next exit 10 miles away.... Strangely don't find it funny! ;)

I've had 2 mates on this,I was squeaking a fox and I called a tawny owl in and had it circling us then it flew of,called it back again and kept squeeking,I said wheres it to,there it is and brushed my hand across there heads and there feet came off the ground :rofl:

30ish years ago i had the honour of owning my first springer , and i will add in his defence the cleverest dog i have owned in my life only one has ever come anywhere close to him
anyway myself and the girlfriend at the time decided to go off to our local game fair, i brought the dog with me. we spent some time watching a retrieving test that was open to all , after a bit she egged me to have a go, the idea was to sit your dog at heel then there was a lad with a shotgun fired a shot from 20 yrds away, a dummy was thrown into the far end of the pond about 50yrds to your left , the dog had to retrieve it against the clock
anyway we were watching this going on and there was a horsebox at the far end of the pond where the gear was being stored after every few retrieves a young lad was collecting the dummys and walking up to the hosebox with them and the dummy thrower was using this as his store
so i hup the dog the shot goes off , the lad throws the dummy , i look at the dog he looks at me , fetch , he looks at me again , runs out takes a sharp left turn flys up to the horsebox grabs a dummy and delivers it to had at breakneck speed , if ever i wished the ground would open up it was then the place erupted with laughter
dogs you have to love them

Back