Is there any sence in the world

sikadog

Anyone who knows me will know I live next to a level crossing.
The level crossing is one entrance to the local farm the other entrance is through a low bridge which when it rains gets flooded.

Last night at 5.30 I let my dogs out for there evening run, this is when all the reason in life goes to ****.

At the same time as I let my dogs out one of the lads had opened the crossing gates to let 2 horses and riders across the line.

The correct way to do this is to phone the signal box and ask if there is a train coming and if there is no train coming then you open the gates,but not last night the person opened the gates and then pnoned the signal box, just as the person in the signal box answered the phone the train that was traveling at 60mph and my 10 month old lab pup met on the level crossing, it was no contest and I now have one very dead lab.

I have trained labs for 35 years and this dog had more potetial than any other dog I have ever owned.

So today life for myself Keith and my partner Jackki is TOTAL SHITE.

So sorry to read of this tragedy. You have to try to think of the pleasurable times you had with that talented youngster, make an enormous fuss of your surviving dogs to help them grieve too and slowly things will improve. K

Wow, that is such sad news
Loosing a dog is hard enough let alone loosing one in this way
Really feel for you both

Total ignorance but sadly won't bring your dog back. Tough day feel for you and just given my old boy a big hug.

Really sorry to hear about that am sure your day will be a really tough one .all that work and not enough memories of a young dog .
kindest regards
norma

wish I hadn't read this post.... :(

can't imagine how you must feel right now

Sad news, there are some inconsiderate people out there that don't stop to think what consequences their actions may have on others,

Sorry to hear of ur loss mate i have a 10 month old black lab pup.Cant imagine what i would do if it happened to him.my thoughts are with you and your partner.

atb kev.

Back