Eiffel Freshpack pro vacuum sealer

david1976

Now I have a license to sell the venison that I shoot I am looking for a more professional looking way of presentation for customers and have decided that a vacuum sealer is most probably the way forward.

I have decided against buying the low price range as offered by the likes of QVC and JML, and I simply cannot afford the higher price range models such as those by scobies direct.

I have seen one advertised called the eiffel freshpack pro and at £100 it seems a decent price for what I can afford and it says it will sook all of the air out as well.

Does any one have any experience of this machine and if so what are your opinions. Also, If you do have one, do you need to use the freshpack bags/roll or can you use any?

Cheers

David.

p.s. This is what I am talking about.

http://www.fresherpack.co.uk/products/1/1/vacuum_sealer__eiffel_freshpack_pro/

I would choose very wisely if I were you! I have a vac pac that i got from the states, it is very good and a semi pro model. You still need embossed bags which you have to make by sealing one end. Its fine for domestic use.

These are fine if your only using it for your own use etc. I know chamber vac pacs are a lot more expensive but they are a lot better than the domestic type. You can use normal heavy duty plastic bags, they are one touch operation and far superior in the vacuum that they produce. You can use foil backed bags etc.

My advice would be if you are turning out enough products save your money and go for a chamber vacuum.

david
hav a closer lookat this post again
paticulary the over wrapper
http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4730
i do hav a vac- pac bit like yours
but it is very time consuming when you hav a 10 metre roll which you hav to cut up in lengths to make your bags
cut a length, heat seal the end , pack in the meat, vac it then wait for it to heat seal
takes an age and costly, even more so if you buy the bags for it
as you are selling and not keeping then the over wrapper is quick and easy neat looking and not as expensive if you work out the time saved and cost of materials used
still looks as good in trays and makes no difference about the size as the vac pac bags are set sizes and the price reflects that :cry:
very welcome to drop in on me to see them both at work
choice is yours
other than that buy a decent comercial vac pac which is quicker and does not require specialy made bags for it to work
thats my experience
stone

Cheers Stone, I was thinking of using bags rather than roll as I thought as you say that it may be a hassle cutting and sealing them.

I saw that Scobies sell bulk bags of 1000 vacuum seal bags in varying sizes for around twenty quid. I use ziplock bags of around 20cm x 20cm for half kilo of mince, stew etc so I would need a bigger size for roasts.

I will have a look at the over wrapper machine though as I had not thought of that previously.

Where about are you based?

I've got the Eiffel one and it is great! The largest width you can get is 30cm which will take a large roe haunch or a smallish Fallow. The rolls are best as there is less wast, ie just cut and seal what you need. The best bit is a small chamber which stops any blood/juices getting sucked into the machine. Very little to clean and simple to use. I used Deer Man's one from the states and can honestly say that mine is much better! :lol:
My cat is also blacker than his too! :p

Monkey Spanker said:
I've got the Eiffel one and it is great! The largest width you can get is 30cm which will take a large roe haunch or a smallish Fallow. The rolls are best as there is less wast, ie just cut and seal what you need. The best bit is a small chamber which stops any blood/juices getting sucked into the machine. Very little to clean and simple to use. I used Deer Man's one from the states and can honestly say that mine is much better! :lol:
My cat is also blacker than his too! :p

:confused: ;)

You can get bags from here:http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Bagsoffreshness

There is another way!
If you use your vac packer or sealer with the shrinks bags, you can create very proffessional loooking products.
If you get the majority of the air out of the bag and then seal it,you then shrink it with a hot air gun or boiling water...

regards
griff

david1976 said:
Where do you get the rolls from monkey spanker? And how much are they?

Cheers.
David,
Your original post link has them for sale!
That's where I get mine from. They also sell on Evilbay and the machines often fetch more than they are on the website! :confused:

griff said:
There is another way!
If you use your vac packer or sealer with the shrinks bags, you can create very proffessional loooking products.
If you get the majority of the air out of the bag and then seal it,you then shrink it with a hot air gun or boiling water...

regards
griff

Griff can you elaborate "shrink bags"? Hot water would start to cook the meat and so would a heat gun if it has to be hot? Do they do bags in shrink wrap, I thought it was just tubing for rope and electrics etc?

DM,
the bag is originally stretched and when heated returns back to its original size.
You immerse in boiling water or pour over boiling water,the effect is instant it only takes a few seconds and it done..

You can remove all the air by immersing the bag and venison in a tub of water leaving the top half of the bag so that you can seal it with the hand sealers.

If you have a hot seal machine all you need to do is put the haunch or whatever cut in the bag remove air seal and then heat with the boiling water..

The bag shrivels up instantly and unlike vac-bags there is no excess bag as it has all shrunk..
The bag pulls very tight over the meat and gives it a very proffessional look..

Scobies or fispak @ Ayr stock them
regards
griff

Back