Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss Victory RF 10x45 or Swarovski 10x42 EL Rangefinder Bino's

Zeiss Victory RF 10x45 or Swarovski 10x42 EL Rangefinder Bino's

Ok Folks I am in the good position of being able to buy a new set of Bin's with built in rangefinder , I had very nearly made my mind up with the Zeiss but then I started looking and reading about the swaro range bin's and now I really don't know which ones to go for , So if anyone has had the good fortune to use or look through both I would appreciate any advice that people have .
    I like the idea of the Swarovski aim angled shot program but is it as useful as it sounds , A lot of my hunting will be done in the mountains

I was in the same position as you a year ago and went for the Zeis,no regrets and know someone else that went the other way wishes he guy who is sponsored by Swaro said he preferred the Zeis too............

I had the Ziess for two seasons before the swaro's came out, quite liked them but sent them in for a service and clean up and nearly had a heart attack when I got the bill. Sold them whilst they were still in mint condition and bought the swaro's. I dont think there is much between them performance wise, its just down to your persoal preferences but its worth considering that swarovski's after sales service is second to none .

Used them both and still think my Leica`s beat them both hands down,
    The Zeiss are very bulky and full of gismos you dont need
    Swaros IMHO have a very poor illumination great glass and feel great in the hand agian dont see the point of true ballistic distance over the ranges a stalker will shoot unless you are using a rimfire.
    The Leicas simple to use point and press, lightish and also have good customer service albeit not as good as swaro but on sending them in for a service my invoice came back as 00.00
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

I just sold my Swarovski 8.5x42 EL's and bought a pair of Leica Geovids!
    No regrets!

Account Suspended
    midhurst west sussex
    i have leica rf bins that my son uses now and bought the swarovski rf bins as a treat and the swaying went with there customer care on the spot responce (piece of mind for me) there alot of money

Ok bought them this morning and it is ZEISS 10x45 , Lot of money but I am very pleased with them . I did try to find the Swarovski ones to look at but the dealer near me only had them in 8x42 and they were a good bit more Kroner than the Zeiss
    So lets hope some Elg and Hjort are about this weekend and I can try them out
    Thanks for the replies gents

So whats the verdict ? Which one is better....Swaro or Zeiss ?

Quote Originally Posted by Konnari View Post
    So whats the verdict ? Which one is better....Swaro or Zeiss ?

There is no answer to that, they both have their pluses and minuses, buy the ones you prefer or can get the best deal on.

Personally I really like the Swaro glass so I went for them as a replacement for an older set of Geovids, they do everything I want.

The Swarovski has higher light transmission and also equal light transmission in both tubes (which the zeiss victory RF and older leica geovids don't). Its really a choice between that and the new Leica Geovid HD-B at the top levels.