Gunshop (ammo) at Bisley ?

MauserM03

On the basis of a recommendation on another thread I rang Fultons at Bisley to see what ammo they had in stock in 30.06 and 6.5x55 and the answer was, none !

In particular I was looking for some PRVI Partisan and they said they don't stock it, other than a bit of 308 FMJ. They weren't able to point me in the direction of anyone else at Bisley, either.

Does anyone on the forum know of / can recommend somewhere either on camp or in the vicinity that stocks hunting ammunition ? I'm heading down there next week. I'd like to try some PRVI just because if my rifles like it the cost saving would be welcome, but I'd be fine with Norma or Federal as well.

Much appreciated.

Mauser M03.

As far as I know, it's more or less impossible to buy stalking ammunition in Bisley, although it may be worth called Ray Ward, who have a branch there, given that they do stock a few stalking rifles. All the other gunshops there are just into target rifles and military stuff. I'd be interested to know what Ward's say by the way, as I'll shortly be looking for places to buy stalking ammunition in London which is going to be a barrel of laughs.

As far as I know, it's more or less impossible to buy stalking ammunition in Bisley, although it may be worth called Ray Ward, who have a branch there, given that they do stock a few stalking rifles. All the other gunshops there are just into target rifles and military stuff. I'd be interested to know what Ward's say by the way, as I'll shortly be looking for places to buy stalking ammunition in London which is going to be a barrel of laughs.

Best of luck. The West End gunmakers sometimes stock a narrow selection of ammo at a big markup. Otherwise there is the gunshop in Barnet which has decent prices. I usually stock up at countryside gunshops when out stalking.

I'm still waiting for the Met to get back to me about my FAC application five weeks ago, but when that comes through, I'm told there's a 10-12week lead time on the rifle I want to order. This will give me two to three months to play "find the ammunition" around the South-East in readiness for taking my new toy out to play. I imagine that I will discover all sorts of weird and wonderful little gunshops around the area then.

Pine Martin, thanks I will check them out (and let you know) though I called their London store a while back and nearly fainted when they quoted the prices. Whereabouts are you based ? The gunroom at the West London Shooting School have helpfully ordered in some Norma for me in the past and the Beretta Gallery on St. James' will order Federal and Hornandy and usually carry Sako in stock. I haven't bought from them yet but prices didn't seem off-market.

M03, Leave your trip until the 20th Trafalgar Meeting. Norman Clark and East Barnet Guns will be there.
I could be having a walk round on the Saturday.

Pine Martin, thanks I will check them out (and let you know) though I called their London store a while back and nearly fainted when they quoted the prices. Whereabouts are you based ? The gunroom at the West London Shooting School have helpfully ordered in some Norma for me in the past and the Beretta Gallery on St. James' will order Federal and Hornandy and usually carry Sako in stock. I haven't bought from them yet but prices didn't seem off-market.

Ray Ward's Knightsbridge store does cater for the well-heeled, as do all the London gunshops. I had a bit of a bust-up with them a few years ago when I had them reblue and polish out the dings from an old Darne SBS shotgun that I'd bought. It took them 12 months, and they just couldn't be bothered with it. To be fair to them, they also didn't charge me for the work in the end. They just wanted me to take the thing away.

The WLSS isn't very far from me, I'm in Ealing, so it's a viable option if they're helpful, as is the Beretta shop in St James'. I was there a couple of weeks ago with a friend, having a look at some shotguns. They have to buzz customers in and out of the gunroom, and when we wanted to leave, the assistant was doing the paperwork for a chap who'd just bought a shotgun, which is fair enough. It's just that it was the first time I'd ever been locked in a gunshop!

mausermo3. i have bought 100s of ppu in 243 and 308 both sp can not beleve they have stoped stocking them (bugger)

Contact Myles Robertson at MBR Sporting - based in SW London. If he hasn't got it in stock, he can order within a day or two - whats more he shoots/instructs/RCOs at Bisley, as his RFD covers him to trade there as well he is always willing to meet on camp.

Back