Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Range Weekend

Long Range Weekend

Just a quick heads up for the LRW,
    We will meet at Drumlanrig Castle in the stableyard @ 9.30 AM on the Sat 23rd May.

If anyone is having difficulty in getting accommodation, we have just been offered a cottage that sleeps 6 @ 200 for the week,so if anyone would like to stay on, the cottage is available all week(at this moment).

Bring no less than 50 rounds.

My apologies to Admin, this seemed the only way to contact everyone without the fear of missing someone out..
    PM seems to only work on a one-one basis..

Here is the link for the Drumlanrig Castle.

Sorry to butt in but what is the long range shooting weekend.

if there are guys that have not yet got accomadation
    please pm me if your interested making up the holiday
    cottage that sleeps six need four more to make up the
    six regards pete

Quote Originally Posted by c18rch
    Sorry to butt in but what is the long range shooting weekend.
    yeah twos up on this what is it?

Here is the original thread!
    The weekend is on the 23rd May-24th May
    Using your own stalking rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by griff
    I have been approached by a couple of shooters and they have asked me to put together a weekends introduction into consistently shooting targets at long range.
    I have contacted a friend who won a gold medal in Canada at 1000yds,
    he is quite prepared to put together a program of events,
    Ballistics, understanding moa, windage, scopes,rifles, caliber etc..

My question is this: would anybody be interested in weekend of long range shooting good company,good grub etc.

Things are looking up! A bit of sunshine would be nice, although 33mph gusts should make things interesting.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

A big "Thank You" to you and Lee for organising such a great course - the whole weekend was a blast! From the theory (and bacon butties) on Saturday to the barbie on Sunday, everything was great fun, but the highlight surely had to be Sunday morning and our session with Lee shooting targets at over 1200 yards!

Although we suffered in the rain on the range on Saturday, by the Sunday we had fine weather, even if the wind was still brisk.

The course has definitely encouraged me to think differently about shooting at distance, and to realise what our own equipment is capable of. It's also given the ideal excuse for a new scope, so result all round!

Many thanks again for all the organisation and effort that you and Lee put into arranging the weekend. Sign me up for the next one!

long range weekend

Finally made it onto the site, A weekend like that I can't wait to repeat, Lee's application of knowledge & skills was demonstrated in ways that all could grasp straight from the start, All shooters were experiencing first round hits at vast ranges compared to that normally considered workable, I don't remember any one shooter not exceeding their own wildest dreams with stalking rifles, on top of this the first days shooting was taking place with a minimum 10/15 mph crosswind! Griff's interpretation of the tables generated for each rifle & load was that of a top professional, almost equalled by his burger flipping! I reckon I picked up more in those two days than I have in years.

are you saying you ate more than your fair share of venison burgers, which added a few more pounds, or are you saying you learned something!