Load required for .270 with 140 gn SST

long_range_rob

Hi Guys

Does anyone have a good middle of the road load for 270 using 140 gn bullets.

I would favour RL22, RL19 or RL15 as I have these already.

Any help gratefully received.

Rob.

Dont tell me you've taken the plunge!!! Don't know about 140 gr but 58gr of rl22 under any 130gr works well....are you coming on Saturday???

Yep I'm shooting on Saturday.

The 270 isn't mine, loading for another mate. I wouldn't give the 270 house room. Just don't like them?!?!

cant speak about any other people but i use my 130 load for the 140 to good effect but im using h4831 have you read this link another poster put on very interesting on choice of bullets, i have just gone on to sst for my 270 its interesting reading about annealing sst for the perfect bullets for any game, atb wayne
Terminal Ballistics Research

cant speak about any other people but i use my 130 load for the 140 to good effect but im using h4831 have you read this link another poster put on very interesting on choice of bullets, i have just gone on to sst for my 270 its interesting reading about annealing sst for the perfect bullets for any game, atb wayne
Terminal Ballistics Research

I see what you mean. I had never thought of trying to remove the work hardening, probably because life is too short for that sort of thing.

Thanks to all for the assistance.

I have some 140gr nosler boat tail ballistic tips loaded over 52gr N160 (about the same as RL22 I think)
I dont try to push my loads too fast so I would consider this "middle of the road"!

RL-15 is too fast for your use. RL-19 and 22 will both work. i would use the 22 firt and if you cannot get an accurate load try the 19. Alliant arms have loading data on the web site for rl-22 at 56.5 gns for 2900 fps. Normal precautions apply

Back