Remington 700 Replacement Trigger

Sauer_202_6.5x55

I want to replace the trigger on my Remington 700 VSSF and was thinking of either Jewel or Timney.

Any views or experiences on either make/, also any recomendations as to the cheapest place to buy one?

sorry this post is a bit vague but i spoke to the chap who deals with these triggers but cant rember the company name (think it was in scotland) a while ago and he said to get the timney as the jewel was really no better than the standard remington trigger he was a very knoliagable chap and very nice to deal with but he didnt deal with the public at all when it came to purcasing his products for some reason and you had to go through your local gun dealer maybe someone else can help you with who ever it was

Jackson Rifles?

Hi mate,

The company you're thinking of is Jackson Rifles I would guess? He would recommend Timney as I think he's the sole UK importer.

There seem to be loads of mixed posts on the web but generally Jewel triggers are better than Timney triggers but are considerably more expensive.

I was hoping someone may be able to recommend somewhere that does one or the other for a reasonable price???

Talk to Dave at South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies he will put you right. They import both makes of triggers and Dave builds semi-custom remm’y 700 at the shop.

They get very busy on the phone, Roger (the owner) is never off it.

Dave is a moderator on Varmint hunter UK, so you can contact him there if the phone is engaged.
http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?&

Best rgds

Tahr

Go direct to the Timney Manufacturing website . I have just got one for a CZ 550 and it cost £79 all in and arrived in 10 days. Takes 20 minutes to fit and breaks like a dream come true.

I have just replaced my trigger on my remmy with a rifle basix unit - great unit with a crisp, clean break. Very easy to fit, all you need is a pin punch!

I tried to order a timney from Sportsman Gun Centre - and after a month of waiting :evil: I cancelled the order and ordered my basix trigger from Midway.

Just double check that you are buying the one with a safety, easy to make that mistake and order one without...

I have fitted 2 timneys, one for a mate that came without the safety, I just took the saftey off of the standard trigger and put it on to the timney. I fitted a standard Timney to mine that came with the safety. Both were an easy job and both are good but I think my mates trigger is just a little more crisp than mine.

Dave

Sauer_202 _6.5x55 said:
jordang said:
i have a jewel on my 700 and its very good. breaks like glass. :D

Where did you buy it from mate and what sort of price if you don't mind me asking?

tbh it was fitted to the rifle when i bought it but they are about £200 i think. From what ive heard they're a little wider than the normal trigger so if you get one make sure its fitted properly or it can cause problems with firing

They are a little wider and deeper ! But they are the Dog's !!
SS and built like a swiss watch . Jacksons import the jewel and i have spoken to jacksons they offer their own two stage trigger first and then the jewell .
To say the jewel is no better than the stock remi trigger is just not true my stock trigger broke at 8.5lb my jewel is just over 1lb and could go down to 8oz and still be safe.

not a remmy but a winchester, bought it off this site a few months ago and was never happy with the trigger (my other guns a Blaser!). fitted a rifle basix trigger in about 10 mins the other day, adjusted out all the creep, went for a mooch (wopped a bunny at about 200y to check zero - bang on!). then got to work...

i think it works...

09052009608.jpg

09052009610.jpg

09052009611.jpg

09052009612.jpg

Back