Which Dies would you get

Drag1

Iv'e been loading all my ammo for quite a few years in various calibers but recently been having a few problems with my .243
i'm using RCBS die's at the moment have scrapped all my old brass and bought some Lapuer ive not changed my load for years Cos there's no need they shoot really well
Im thinking of trying some new Dies BUT Which ones ?????

I'm new to reloading and I'm using Lee dies in an RCBS Rockchucker press loading .243 with very good results. So far have been using Sako cases and just neck-sizing.

I am relatively new to reloading and use 6.5 x 55 and 7mm-08 rounds, I have both Lee and rcbs dies and have to say the lee dies are easier to use for me

I only reload .22 hornet .243 and 30.06 all of my dies are lee except for my hornet seating die which is a rcbs competition seater they do ok for my hunting and farting around ammo!

Iv'e been loading all my ammo for quite a few years in various calibers but recently been having a few problems with my .243
i'm using RCBS die's at the moment have scrapped all my old brass and bought some Lapuer ive not changed my load for years Cos there's no need they shoot really well

Redding

Forster FL dies are good; you can have the neck honed for the specific dimensions suitable for your loaded brass
The seater dies are very good too, either the regular or micrometer version; and good value compared to the Redding custom competition seater

If cost isn't an issue, Redding. If it is, Lee. If they aren't available from Lee or Redding, then RCBS.

It's hard to imagine you've worn out your RCBS dies..?? Give them a good clean up and try them again before you spend the cash on new dies.
Redding are good dies, but I've never had a problem with RCBS dies. ATB

What kind of problems do you have? I doubt the dies are the problem.~Muir

I use Redding in all cals. .275 .308 and 6.5 X 55 cos I like the competition bullet seating dies and, the build quality is excellent.

Bob

Stay away from Lee dies buy cheap and you will end up buying twice.

I would recommend a redding Type S full length sizer and Competition seater.

The type s will pay for itself in brass life and the competition seater will pay for itself in time saved working up loads

Over the years I have owned more sets of lee dies than any other make...... But I don't have any at the moment which says something. Buy redding or Forster and cry once!

Back