Only in America. Only in Montana.

Muir

I walked into Wal Mart (a huge, national chain store if you aren't familiar with it) tonight and found that they had expanded their shooting section. I bought two boxes of Sierra MK 168 grain for $23 ea and was astounded to see a DPMS AR 15 with a collapsible stock and good sights for a ridiculous $529 out-the-door. They had IMR 4350 for $23 a pound and that is cheap these days. Across the isle they had bipods, tactical gear, scopes and tactical gun cases.

This surprised even me.~Muir

Muir,
They have got to keep the reputed survivalist customers well fed and watered. Business is business.
BTW I took the offer and I fly over on 14th.
All the best.
Martin

If Obama gets back in we will buy it back in the bankruptcy sale in money borrowed from the euro zone.
Is Solway stalker offering those flying pigs this season

Can't see us getting that in Asda over here unfortunately :cry:
(Muir - Asda is a huge grocery store in the UK owned by Wal-Mart if you're not familiar).

well one has to be able to defend oneself if the english invade...again :lol:

Montana would be quite a break out from the beachhead...

Muir, did you buy it? Am looking at getting th FAS 90 over here (Sig550 in Swiss Military configuration).

The Gov't subsidise the ammo for 300m practice so Ruag match 5.56 is a little under $20 for 50. Not bad. Real bargain is the 7.5x55 at the same rate :norty:

ATB,

Scrummy

PS Sadly guns aren't as cheap nor sold at Migros / Co-op :cry:

well one has to be able to defend oneself if the english invade...again :lol:

Time for a small history lesson.

1781; Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown. He surrendered a battle not a war. The American War of Independence was never won it simply stopped.

1783; Good King George absolved us of liability for the wellbeing of our fellow subjects in the Colonies of the Americas. (Why or how could he even do that if we had lost any war? and... Why would the colonials have sought that, if they'd won a war of independence? .... but I digress) Note the dates... Two years after the battle at Yorktown, the colonials still had to go cap in hand to the king, albeit carrying what they thought was a big stick, in order to negotiate the terms of a deal... which was then rather optimistically "Declared" as Independence. The myth has prevailed ever since.

Another small digression.... George Washington's title... He was an "Esquire" (a title he carried till death) that title was granted by the King.... :rolleyes: ... Same as Benny Franklin and a few other main lads of the time.

Ergo... We wouldn't be "invading" as it's already ours.

1781; Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown. He surrendered a battle not a war. The American War of Independence was never won it simply stopped.

1783; Good King George absolved us of liability for the wellbeing of our fellow subjects in the Colonies of the Americas. (Why or how could he even do that if we had lost any war? and... Why would the colonials have sought that, if they'd won a war of independence? .... but I digress) Note the dates... Two years after the battle at Yorktown, the colonials still had to go cap in hand to the king, albeit carrying what they thought was a big stick, in order to negotiate the terms of a deal... which was then rather optimistically "Declared" as Independence. The myth has prevailed ever since.

Another small digression.... George Washington's title... He was an "Esquire" (a title he carried till death) that title was granted by the King.... :rolleyes: ... Same as Benny Franklin and a few other main lads of the time.

Love it,:british:
:rofl:

Montana would be quite a break out from the beachhead...

Muir, did you buy it? Am looking at getting th FAS 90 over here (Sig550 in Swiss Military configuration).

The Gov't subsidise the ammo for 300m practice so Ruag match 5.56 is a little under $20 for 50. Not bad. Real bargain is the 7.5x55 at the same rate :norty:

ATB,

Scrummy

PS Sadly guns aren't as cheap nor sold at Migros / Co-op :cry:

Your gun collection is growing at an alarming rate! Still the 550 is a Rolls Royce job. Proper lock-up and real machining!

David.

LOL - I'm sure that will spark a few reactions from across the pond throughout the day :)

Hi Muir,
Our first stop on the 28th will be Cabelas at 11.30am, but Wal Mart might also be on the agenda in Billings.
Cheers
Richard

LOL - I'm sure that will spark a few reactions from across the pond throughout the day :)

:D ... I hadn't thought of that.

And... they'll probably try citing the treaty of Paris (3rd September 1783) next ... Now there was a slippery piece of parchment if ever I saw one. His Majesty gaveth and his Majesty tooketh away. Then the silly blaggards defaulted.... Nnnice!:cool: ... So, the Eastern seaboard is technically forfeit and the rest we got through whopping the French in the Napoleonic wars. Anyone fancy a wild riverboat ride up the Mississippi? We have the right to do that too.

Tbh, I'm just jealous and I'm sure that's why Muir flaunts his saucy little observations and finds. Hell, even in France they sell .22rf Rifles in vacuum packs in the supermarkets. Pick up a lapinbasher with your croissants and vin du jour? Non problème-o.

Losers rationalization. Come get it.~Muir

Last edited:
Hi Muir,
Our first stop on the 28th will be Cabelas at 11.30am, but Wal Mart might also be on the agenda in Billings.
Cheers
Richard

WalMart has less stuff, but better prices.
Scrum: Didn't buy the AR. I have enough 223's to feed. I did buy a 7mm-08 Weatherby for a buddy as they had them on special at different store. ~Muir

Losers rationalization. Come get it.~Muir

I just wouldn't feel at home in a country founded on such a Leninist/Marxist principles.

"all men are created equal" ???..... indeed? .... Phooey! ;)

A self-evident delusion, more like.

You won't convince me Usain Bolt doesn't have a slight edge on me, physically and I never met Einstein either, but I'm mildly confident that relative to me he was better at sums.

And... it's just not right that I have to pay more for instant coffee granules than you do for shooters' powder... That's just so "not equal". You flaunt it mercilessly too. Bad man. :D

:D ... I hadn't thought of that.

And... they'll probably try citing the treaty of Paris (3rd September 1783) next ... Now there was a slippery piece of parchment if ever I saw one. His Majesty gaveth and his Majesty tooketh away. Then the silly blaggards defaulted.... Nnnice!:cool: ... So, the Eastern seaboard is technically forfeit and the rest we got through whopping the French in the Napoleonic wars. Anyone fancy a wild riverboat ride up the Mississippi? We have the right to do that too.

Tbh, I'm just jealous and I'm sure that's why Muir flaunts his saucy little observations and finds. Hell, even in France they sell .22rf Rifles in vacuum packs in the supermarkets. Pick up a lapinbasher with your croissants and vin du jour? Non problème-o.

Nope, won't cite any parchment whatsoever. I will however reference the Battle of Britain, and how if we hadn't been there to help you gents...well, you'd be speaking german right now...I love when Brits get all philosophical about the US War of Independence and start pointing out technicalities, it makes me chuckle. Just makes me glad we weren't the Boers, and had to suffer the cruelties Britain invented for that conflict (you know, like the creation of "Concentration camps" and such), as a result of us handing them their a$$.

It's a damned good thing those "uppity colonials" had the common sense to tell jolly King George to go pack sand, and take his lobsters back with him...because if we hadn't the world would definitely not be the same place (and probably not quite as hospitable). You certainly wouldn't have your Asda's or B&Q's...:D

As Muir said, "Come and get it."

Last edited:
Dds i Just got back and would suggest a visit to Walmart first, there clothing is cheaper and better than Cabellas own brand, we fitted in a gun show in Missouri, never seen so many guns at low prices, bought a bag full of gear.

Back