Fast pheasant prep

very good bit of kit
Or if the pheasants are fresh place them on the ground breast up with wings open stand on the wings and pull the legs sharply away from wings and you get breast and legs ready to go, got to be freshly killed and not shot to pieces like some guests feel is ok.

PJ.

if you stand on the wings with chest pointing up and head towards you you can get a finger under the sternum and just pull up and back towards the head.
even quicker than that.

if you stand on the wings with chest pointing up and head towards you you can get a finger under the sternum and just pull up and back towards the head.
even quicker than that.

Why bend over onuo the floor when you can stand comfortably with this bit of kit? I suppose if your only doing one or two it would be alright . Imagine if you had to do a couple of hundred!

I was brought up with the belief that if a job is worth doing its worth doing well. For me this means plucking pheasants, taking care not to tear the skin and finishing up with a nice clean oven ready bird. Outdated thinking perhaps but it just seams wrong to me to tear the thing to bits. I don't shoot many pheasants these days but if I had to prepare the like that I don't think I'd pick the gun up. It's just a pet hate of mine, like carrying birds by the feet or dispatching them by swinging them round by the head. Having said that, if its the way you do it, thats a clever bit of kit.

Ezzy

I was brought up with the belief that if a job is worth doing its worth doing well. For me this means plucking pheasants, taking care not to tear the skin and finishing up with a nice clean oven ready bird. Outdated thinking perhaps but it just seams wrong to me to tear the thing to bits. I don't shoot many pheasants these days but if I had to prepare the like that I don't think I'd pick the gun up. It's just a pet hate of mine, like carrying birds by the feet or dispatching them by swinging them round by the head. Having said that, if its the way you do it, thats a clever bit of kit.

Ezzy

interesting video but Ezzy i am with you on this one

good bit of kit but i am with you ezzy. Seems a Shame to waste the legs and wings just to save some time.

Back