Antlers off

6pointer

Well was out tonight putting up a high seat so i sat in it and only 5 mins after i had nicked the last nail a doe and buck came out quite far off so no shot on the young buck. Went for a wee walk round saw a few more deer then i got my eyes on a real big old buck and he only had one antler on the other had been very recently cast now is that early or what.

Shot an old buck today in full winter coat, not a hint of any summer coat left, antlers were still there but both damaged
Wingy

I saw a buck with a cast antler on the 18th Sep a few years back. Had another one that fell off in a clients hand when he picked the head up after shooting the buck, :doh: that was mid september too.

Yet I've seen some old bucks holding onto their racks into November before......

First time for me mark this early but i guess its now getting to the time that they will all be loosing theirs

Saw a mature buck last night in winter coat and he'd cast. The Doe he was with, quite comically, was all in winter coat apart from her ar*e, which was still bright red!

Back