Badger burgers??

Monkey Spanker

With all the topical talk about culling badgers, I got to thinking about what could be done with them to avoid wastage and possible food chain incorrectness. :rolleyes:
Google was the obvious choice, so into the search engine went 'badger recipes'!
To my surprise, I found this little gem which is actually quite graphic!:eek:
http://huntergathercook.typepad.com/huntergathering_wild_fres/2009/09/badger-roadkill-burgers.html

So....

Would You eat one???
They used to be eaten regularly as 'Badger Hams' in days gone by. Anyone ever tried it?
Being black and white animals, I imagine it might taste a bit like panda?
MS

I can say I found it tough and a bit strong, it was fresh though perhaps hanging may have helped but I doubt it.

Not much bruising since it's been run over!

Isn't that a bullet hole in the forth picture, looks like a perfect hert and lung shot.

Would You eat one???
They used to be eaten regularly as 'Badger Hams' in days gone by. Anyone ever tried it?
Being black and white animals, I imagine it might taste a bit like panda?
MS

or skunk? I had a client that reconed he landed on one doing a night drop over brize norton. told me he took it back and cooked the haunch. Tasted a bit like......chicken.

Its just not possible to get anything past you buggers. :rofl:. There does look to be very little damage for an animal that was run over.

They have to have the trichinella test on the muscle its done the same as for wild boar, be careful it can kill you.
Martin

I think I'd be more inclined to goulash it or stew it, it would seem a shame to just bin them all off! Is anyone on here going to be involved in the cull?

Back