What Tumbler media would you recommend?

Cyres

Hi,Quick question on behalf of a friend. What is the best media to use for general reloading. Must say i get a mate to do mine and give the necks a buff up with a scouring pad moistened in meths so have no idea what media to use and how long it lasts.

D

I use crushed walnut shell and do the cases on first cleaning for about 8-10 hours, followed by a quick 1-2 hour blast after they have been de primed/chamfered, primer pocket cleaned ect.You will need to check the flash hole (sometimes you get one peice of medi in there, so annoying) and pour the media out of the empty case before charging it, and finally seating it.

+ 1 for walnut shell (buy from pet shops - it is used by strange people to house their pythons and monitor lizards :confused: ) but I add some Jewellers Rouge (from fleabay) for extra shininess (read.. bling - probably pointless?)

I no longer polish my cases. I used to have a huge tumbler designed for making ceramic glazes but I gave it away. Now I keep my cases clean, I swipe the necks with steel wool, brush the inside of the necks and call it good. There is a difference between clean and polished. I prefer clean.~Muir

Muir I cleaned my cases with wire wool and cordless screwdriver for 12 years,recently got a tumbler because it become hard work doing 80 to 100 after a range day,they do look better after a few hours in tumbler

I'm not saying they don't look spiffy. I'm just saying that clean and dull is fine. But then, I don't fret dragging my rifles over rocks and such, either.;)~Muir

I no longer polish my cases. I used to have a huge tumbler designed for making ceramic glazes but I gave it away. Now I keep my cases clean, I swipe the necks with steel wool, brush the inside of the necks and call it good. There is a difference between clean and polished. I prefer clean.~Muir

+1 clean necks in and out then ready to go.

Back