Trade Sales in Classified

But as I asked below.... what is the problem that we are trying to resolve here?

I think first we need to be absolutely clear about what problem it is we are trying to solve here.... Is it because there is simply too much traffic in the 'General Classifieds' section to keep up with? Or is it that people want to see Trade adverts separated out for some other reason?

If the former then maybe break General Classifieds down into more specific subsections? If the latter, then firstly why?, and secondly do members really want to have Classifieds split into Trade and non-trade, baring in mind that this will effectively double the number of sections you'd have to look through?...

But as I asked below.... what is the problem that we are trying to resolve here?

I think that some people are forgetting what pays for this great site - people with trade membership, who lets face it are in business to sell goods. so if I was paying for a membership I would want to advertise as much as I could to get a return on it. I think there are people on here who like to grab a bargain, be it second hand or new; myself included.
While we can suggest that it would be good to change this or that and add a section here I for one have no idea about what work it would take to do such a 'simple' task. in general i would say the site works and works well as it is.

Dw

On another Shooting site, there is a trade listing, also a private listing section within their classifieds. They have also limited the number of "Private" sales per month.

I think it works well on their site, although I don't use it that much. I think something like that could possibly work either peanalise that individual if they go over, or limit the amount on classifieds "Start new Thread" by some sort of IT wizzatrickie to non trade members....

TJ

some very Valid comments made,

i like the site as it is but when you look at it now the amount of traders badges seems to dominate the sale areas( thats all areas). and when one bumps a thread with things like new stock arrived etc they all follow suit. so the loan seller of his good conditioned second hand items sees his thread vanish of the page or finds out that a trader has offered to do a better deal than him in a pm to a possible buyer, all seems rather bad,(only been told this once but i think it happens a lot)

bob.

PS: im not sure what the admin team could do, but i am sure they will look into it.

I think that some people are forgetting what pays for this great site - people with trade membership, who lets face it are in business to sell goods. so if I was paying for a membership I would want to advertise as much as I could to get a return on it. I think there are people on here who like to grab a bargain, be it second hand or new; myself included.
While we can suggest that it would be good to change this or that and add a section here I for one have no idea about what work it would take to do such a 'simple' task. in general i would say the site works and works well as it is.

Dw

+1

some very Valid comments made,

i like the site as it is but when you look at it now the amount of traders badges seems to dominate the sale areas( thats all areas). and when one bumps a thread with things like new stock arrived etc they all follow suit. so the loan seller of his good conditioned second hand items sees his thread vanish of the page or finds out that a trader has offered to do a better deal than him in a pm to a possible buyer, all seems rather bad,(only been told this once but i think it happens a lot)

bob.

PS: im not sure what the admin team could do, but i am sure they will look into it.

To be fair, I like trying equipment out and buy bits of gear. If I don't like it then flog it on or buy a few bits and what I don't use I sell on. If the price is right and you pass on any bargains I find things sell okay even though there are more trade adverts (which is fair as they pay for the forums upkeep etc).

To be fair, I like trying equipment out and buy bits of gear. If I don't like it then flog it on or buy a few bits and what I don't use I sell on. If the price is right and you pass on any bargains I find things sell okay even though there are more trade adverts (which is fair as they pay for the forums upkeep etc).

fare comment BK,

bob.

As stated in the original post

"It seems to me that there are occasions when private sellers ads are swamped and therefore are off the first page (and buried) in no time".

I think a "New items for sale" and a "Used items for sale" would cure it which, as you generally know what you are looking for, would not "effectively double the number of sections you'd have to look through"?

I just thought the idea was a constructive suggestion - but I'm happy to go with the majority view.

As stated in the original post

"It seems to me that there are occasions when private sellers ads are swamped and therefore are off the first page (and buried) in no time".

I think a "New items for sale" and a "Used items for sale" would cure it which, as you generally know what you are looking for, would not "effectively double the number of sections you'd have to look through"?

I just thought the idea was a constructive suggestion - but I'm happy to go with the majority view.

Well, the paint I was watching has dried and that piece of wood finally warped. I am off now to watch for tectonic plate movement. I will check if there is any reply from admin on my return. ;)

Back