Trade Sales in Classified

Eyefor

Any chance we could get a separate "Trade Member" Classifieds section please?

It seems to me that there are occasions when private sellers ads are swamped and therefore are off the first page (and buried) in no time.

Anyone else think there is a need for this - or is it just me being grumpy?

It might help slightly if we had a 'new' and 'second hand' section, as trade sellers are generally selling new stuff?
MS

I see where you are coming from. But there is clearly certain members who advertise items for sale regular, who are not trade members. But obviously trading second hand goods and making money. These people should be made to make a donation as I do to advertise. Or every one should pay or donate a fee then it is fair across the board.
Andrew

I only mentioned this to csl last night on the phone, not sure if he heard me as he was busy eating venison stew sandwiches at the time, and was very stressed with other things :rofl: he was dog tired but im sure if he can he will help.

I see where you are coming from. But there is clearly certain members who advertise items for sale regular, who are not trade members. But obviously trading second hand goods and making money. These people should be made to make a donation as I do to advertise. Or every one should pay or donate a fee then it is fair across the board.
Andrew
Buckbones is right,it doesn't take long to see who sells kit regularly who are not so called trade members :stir:

Classifieds

Just a note, but I think it maybe time for a trade / private section in the classifieds, as you seem to be getting lots of trade posts?

Only a thought

Cheers

any chance we could get a separate "trade member" classifieds section please?

It seems to me that there are occasions when private sellers ads are swamped and therefore are off the first page (and buried) in no time.

Anyone else think there is a need for this - or is it just me being grumpy?

excellent idea, looking through the classifieds now is becoming like looking for a needle in a haystack to find none trade sellers.

John.

I'd be more than happy to separate them out. Maintain the fee for trade members and add a lower one for people to have a few things to sell. The site gains, the trade members gain and people pay less to sell than on eBay.

Andrew

totally agree

Having been called a trader in the past I think this I great idea. I'm no trader but a guy who in the past tried
To help other shooters get a good deal.
I will be the first to admit that I have sold a lot of my old stuff on here. But not being a trader when I was asked about A warranty on some boots I had for sale. I got slated for telling the truth admitting I could not give a warranty as they where shop soiled.
I was also asked if I wish to continue selling on the forum I had to pay the same as a trade member. I was on the sick and getting about £30 a week on the dole. So I could not pay this fee so was allowed to stay on the forum but with no sales.

I would think that a membership fee to allow normal members to advertise would work.and I would be happy to pay this when I can.

But I'm also sure the same people that jumped on my sales post then, may have something to say about it ??

Bob.

Last edited:
I think first we need to be absolutely clear about what problem it is we are trying to solve here.... Is it because there is simply too much traffic in the 'General Classifieds' section to keep up with? Or is it that people want to see Trade adverts separated out for some other reason?

If the former then maybe break General Classifieds down into more specific subsections? If the latter, then firstly why?, and secondly do members really want to have Classifieds split into Trade and non-trade, baring in mind that this will effectively double the number of sections you'd have to look through?...

I don't really see anything wrong with the current system or layout, and i think that any more changes will just increase the amount of whinging and admin for site staff.

Nope if if its something I want and the price is good I don't care if its a trader or a private sale

A trader pays a fee to advertise, private sellers don't , maybe there should be a charge for private sellers who regularly have items for sale, anybody with more than one advert per month or whatever don't know how it could be worked.

I am sure we have all seen ads where the definition between private and trade are a bit blurred.

I quite agree with above, I would be happy to pay a small fee if selling on the forum. my only concern about that would be how admin would manage it?

Back