Synthetic stock

MadRoe

Hi all, firstly I'd like to apologize if this post is not in the correct section (maybe in gunsmithing).

The thing is I'd like to buy a synthetic stock for a Winchester 70 cal. 270WSM, because I want to use it exclusive for stalking (I have another rifle for driven hunts), and a synthetic stock should stand better the bad weather conditions than a wood one.

I've been looking around and found 2 alternatives:

- McMillan HUnters Edge: About 600€. Very light and has a good reputation among stalkers.

- Bell&Carlson medalist Ultralight: ABout 300€. Heavier than the McM. Aluminium block from grip to forend. Some people says the B&C flex at the tip and that affects precision.

I'd like to read your opinions/experiences. Thanks!

Try Jackson rifles. He always has a good 'stock'. I think that I would get a firmer stock that is not prone to flexing and suffer the slight weight increase.

Cheers

I have a BC Medallist and a BC Carbelite, I use theCarberlite with a BI-pod all the time no problems what so ever, if you are localyou are welcome to have a look at it on my rifle.

ATB

Tahr

I had a problem with my Winchester 70 .270 factory synthetic stock flexing. I posted a similar thread and ended up keeping an eye on evilbay.com (the american site) after a few weeks ended up winning an as new B&C Medallist for $138 add shipping and duty and for under £190 ended up with this, And although a lot of listings say no out of US posting most will if you ask before biding

View attachment 20257

Thank you all for the replies. I guess I would finally order a B&C stock and would save the difference for a hunt.

Thar, I'm from Spain so I'm a little too much far from your stock. Thank you anyway!

Cheers!

Thank you all for the replies. I guess I would finally order a B&C stock and would save the difference for a hunt.

Thar, I'm from Spain so I'm a little too much far from your stock. Thank you anyway!

Cheers!

Ok Madroe, I am sure you will be happy with your new stock.

ATB

Tahr

Back