Looking for shoots for a dog for picking up

Wilf102

I have a friend who has a Labrador that pick up at a local driven shoot in Sussex on Saturdays. He is looking for other shoots for week-day picking up. I've suggested talking to the keeper for recommendations or contacting local shoots through the Guns On Pegs website.

Any other ideas of how to get some picking up for him?

There is a web site I think is called The National association of beaters and pickers up I used to be a member some of the people are very helpfull.

And some are out to just steal your money - I would not advocate or vouch for them.

And some are out to just steal your money - I would not advocate or vouch for them.

The two shoots I have beat on for the past 4 years have folded this year & I didn't know weather to concentrate on stalking / rough shooting or look for some more beating. I was considering registering on the NOBs website but not sure now. Could you expand on the above comment please
Cheers Wingy

Been at a few shoots over the years through NOBS Scotland, ( don't use them now!! but this only due to to many regular places at shoots) I've not had any problems.

Regards

Mauser.

Back