Stalking in Devon with IanF

Just back from a few day's stalking in Devon with IanF. Had a super time and also had the pleasure to meet another site member - merlin - who accompanied us one evening and had a great result himself.

I particularly enjoyed stalking over one of Ian's grounds that covers a small pastoral farm; real picture postcard stuff in the morning mist. In addition to the fallow buck spiker we took pictured below, also managed to account for a couple of foxes that should mean the farmer's lambs rest a little easier in the coming weeks.

As many have said before, IanF is a true professional with a real enthusiasm for the job and I would heartily reccommend his services. He also spins a cracking yarn on the drives over to the relevant grounds, which makes those early morning starts that much easier ! His lovely partner Jo also looked after me very well and ensured I was handsomely fed and watered, though I did want to steal away their gorgeous dogs at the end of the trip - enchanting !

Good fun had by all. Now back to the office...

Mauser M03

Attachments

• Fallow buck.jpg
    Fallow buck.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 73
Well done! :thumb: Ian told me that you'd had a success.....

Hope the weather wasn't too hard on you for the duration of your stay, and glad to see that the M03 got put to good use.

Did you get the extended gralloching masterclass with your beast?

ATB,

Merlin

Back