Hornet Dies

LEWDAN

Anyone out there have a set of Hornet dies they want to sell, condition does not have to be great as long as they do the job. I have a .22k hornet ( i have dies for this ) but i need to reload some new standard brass ready to fireform in the K. The cheaper the better;)
Thanks.
LD

I,m Not allowed to post in classified yet:doh:

I thought you could neck size and seat bullets in the standard hornet brass with the K Hornet dies ?

Neil. :)

You can. Unless you aren't using brass that was fired in your gun, but then... well... you shouldn't be doing that anyhow for forming improved brass.~Muir

Thanks for replies, i will be purchasing new standard hornet cases, i was under the impression that these should always be full sized to take out any irregularities or damage.
I did buy some ppu factory loads, but every one of them split when being fireformed.. may try some different factory loads but they are bloody expensive:oops: will see how it goes!
LD

I would just build a moderate load and fire them.
As for splitting, strange, I use PPU brass by choice in my hornet, never had one split.
All my cases are at or over 15 loads, never been full length re-sized and never been annealed.

I would just build a moderate load and fire them.
As for splitting, strange, I use PPU brass by choice in my hornet, never had one split.
All my cases are at or over 15 loads, never been full length re-sized and never been annealed.

Thanks Neil. Do you use a .22K hornet ? The ppu cases were splitting during fireforming, my mate uses them in a standard hornet with no problem.
Thanks mate.
LD

Back