A question for you guys.

filzee

The other day I was with a mate of mine who has an FAC. I was interested to see what was written on his in regards to conditions as i don't currently have an FAC but will be applying for one very soon. His conditions read;

The certificate holder may posses, purchase or acquire expanding ammunition for the calibers authorized by this certificate and use in only connection with.

a) the lawful shooting of deer
b) the shooting of vermin or in conection with the management of any estate, other wildlife
c) the humane killing of animals
d) the shooting of animals for the protection of other animals or humans

The bit that confused me was "the lawful shooting of deer" my friend only has slots for a .22lr and a .17HMR.

Im pretty new to this whole world of firearms licensing so if anyone could explain these conditions to me that would be helpful.

Thanks

Phil

those are standard and relate to just the expanding ammo and right to possess, the conditions related to the firearms will be above that and mention the calibers and what they can be used for

Those conditions are reletive to the amunition only. Expanding ammo is Section 5 and therefore requires its own seperate entry on a section 1 license. Although the rifles he has are not suitable/legal for the killing of deer, these condition are simply related to the purchase and use of expanding ammo. If in the future he does gain a calibre suitable for deer then these condition on the expanding ammo will be fine for culling of deer.

HTH

The certificate holder may posses, purchase or acquire expanding ammunition for the calibers authorized by this certificate and use in only connection with.

thats the caveat
just saves them writing all the conditions out for each and every circumstance
if his calibres are not deer worthy then the clause doesnt count

Back