1. Allow meat to come to room temprature and eccess blood to drain
2. Sear off all the outside in olive oil on hob
3. rub the outside well with Marmalade or Honey in the case of Fallow or lighter tasting venison, Blueberry type conserve with gameier types like roe. Seal in tinfoil.
3. cook in a hot oven 200 + but some ovens tell lies (mine doesn't)
remove from oven when you are still getting some blood from cenre of meat.
4. Allow to rest in the foil, it will continue to cook so will not be too rare but it won't dry out either. about 20mins - 1/2 hr
5. carve and serve, put some aside in fridge it is simply the best on sandwiches etc.
If you prefer you can omit the sweet couting and spear it with sprigs of fresh thyme or the likes (esspecially good with Roe)