Wanted: Wanted. Stalking near Crieff Perthshire.

willtomand

Heading to Crieff in Scotland in a couple of weeks time for a few days with the other half and kids. Want to get head shared for a day and go hind stalking whilst there. Anyone know a contact for a stalker who could arrange this for me? Thanks for any replys in advance.

Get your self up on Glen Artney, awsome part of the country, only a few miles away from Creif, contact below:

Michael Aldridge
Drummond Estates
Estate Office
Muthill
Perthshire
PH5 2AA

Tel: 01764 681257

Last edited:
Tried Drummond Estates, but they have a large party of twenty staying that same week so cannot accommodate.

Heading to Crieff in Scotland in a couple of weeks time for a few days with the other half and kids. Want to get head shared for a day and go hind stalking whilst there. Anyone know a contact for a stalker who could arrange this for me? Thanks for any replys in advance.

scotlanddeerstalking and Jimmy Taylor - both on here are nearby. Regards JCS

Thanks to all whom replied. Got myself sorted out, Davy Wilson, contact details given to me by Drummond estate, sorted me out with stalker from Glen Turret called Mike, headin out tomorrow. Canny wait as they say hearabouts.

Thanks to all whom replied. Got myself sorted out, Davy Wilson, contact details given to me by Drummond estate, sorted me out with stalker from Glen Turret called Mike, headin out tomorrow. Canny wait as they say hearabouts.

Youll love Glen Turret. Ive shot a few beasts up there in the past, done the Grouse and Partrdiges (beating). Good memories with good mates. Alas no more.

nutty

When we finally got started around 11am due to persistant mizzle. Had a crawl of more than half mile over bog and heather, so with a tired body and cold hands we got to within 100yds of a wee puckle of hinds and calves. Could'nt take the lead hind as another standing in front of her, so took one further back as they were becoming twitchy. Clean kill, but others moved away sharpish so alas no chance of a second. Still a nice eating yearling, which I bought and took it back home with me for family and friends. Mike also gave me 3 grouse which I hav'nt eatin in years, so all in all a good result.

Glenn Turret, I spent a good few years Stalking on that estate after Glen Ample was sold off in the late 80`s, I had some fantastic times, Probably some of the best times of my stalking life, with great people, Ian McPhee on Glen Turret, and Jim Rennie on Glen Ample, great, great men who knew their trade.

Thanks for reminding me

Bob

Well, well a blast from the past maybe, would you be a man thats as tall when lying down as when stood up,or with a good Scottish surname that someone mispelt.

Cryptic enough?

Well bloody hell, It`s been 18 years since we had a brace of low flyers together, and I`ll bet that the hairs on your chin are not the same shade of red as them on your head

you have a PM

Bob

Last edited:
Back