Ugly Fallow Buck!!

Home for 24hrs before I am back at it with another group from Finland on the Fallow. Both Robin and myself have another 4 clients tonight and will not be home until Sunday.

In the meantime I thought the members would be interested in this old chap, shot on Sunday evening on its way to a rutting stand on my lease in West Sussex. Big bodied beast with a terrible head, and in the past 4 years of having the lease I have never seen him before. Although I knew there was a mature buck in the area, it was very difficult to know where we would have the best chance of seeing him, as it is a thick forestry block.

Juha fallow West Sussex 012.jpg

Further to this he also took a reasonable buck on another area I have nearby, and a pricket on Robins area.

All together over 4 days with 4 clients (8 stalks) we took 8 bucks and there was 2 misses, so we should have had 10 beasts. Rut still not fully in and very little action in the way of grunting, so I hope this week it really kicks off.

Juha fallow West Sussex 001.jpg

Happy days!!!:D

Sometimes an ugly one is good for the fella that needs to get a shot away.

Can I ask where the rutting buck meat ends up?

At a Butchers.

For human consumption? I genuinely ask as we consider it inedible meat from a full rut fallow buck,especially in comparing the meat from a pre rut wild deer that has been living on spilled grain from a headed crop that to me is the finest meat in the world.

don´t worry shaun! all the biggest onest were still in the woods;)

thank you very much Malcolm,this wonderful huntingtrip!

greetings to Robin!

-Juha

don´t worry shaun! all the biggest onest were still in the woods;)

thank you very much Malcolm,this wonderful huntingtrip!

greetings to Robin!

-Juha

Morning Juha,

Just realised you have joined the site.

Just so everyone knows Juha is from Finland and whilst his english is far better than my Finnish :rolleyes: he does not use a computer that much.

Good to see you have joined the site, and I have boiled out the head and will get all the trophies off in a few weeks time. Give my regards to "Bad Accident".

Sikamalc

Good to hear from you Juha, I'm glad your visit was successful.
Just to let you know I took my son in law out last night, over the hill opposite to the doe box,guess what,
as dusk was falling a really good buck walked out with 6 does,
followed 5 minutes later by another good buck just slightly smaller about 60 mtrs away.
we left them all alone, as we were looking for a pricket.

hey friends!good to hear that the big bucks are alive.... next year they are bigger:D

i´ve lost robins home address and e-mail address, can you Malcolm send me these details to my phone?
i can send him flies later in the winter.
i can also send the flies for you,because you are very interrested in fly fishing:lol:

-juha

Back