thinking of buying a blaser stalking rifle

Tomm

thinking of swapping all my rifles in for a new blaser. i would get barrels in .243, .270 and .22-250. what i would like to know is when you remove the barrel do you have to remove the scope? what i would like is if i could have 3 barrels with one top of the range scope rather than 3 cheaper ones? is this possible?

thanks
Tom

Yes, you just need to remember how many clicks you need to convert your zero from one barrel to the other and away you go.

I have never tried this myself but how about zeroing the rifle in with one barrel, fireing a group with each of the other barrels and making a note of the adjust required to bring back onto zero? atb Tim

( I see Caorach has the same idea)

yeah i was hoping i would be able to mark the turrets and just adjust when i swap barrels, how big a job is it to swap the barrel and scopes? will the zero change if i chage the scope as well as the barrel every time?

thanks
Tom

No disrespect to Blaser nor your decision. But if this is an issue, have you considered the Merkel Helix? Obviously the calibre variety will entail changing settings on the scope regardless.

yeah i was hoping i would be able to mark the turrets and just adjust when i swap barrels, how big a job is it to swap the barrel and scopes? will the zero change if i chage the scope as well as the barrel every time?

thanks
Tom

You can swap the barrel in about 30 seconds. Scopes in about 10 seconds.

If you have a separate scope for each barrel then zero won't change.

Think you might find Offroad is right ive got three barrels and if i swop scopes i have to alter the tension on them and re zero
ive now (over a period) got three scopes which stay on the barrels so no need to zero between changing now
just a note i've had my R93 for ten years bostin rifle would'nt swop it now for oat

So it wouldn't just be a case if swapping and moving the turrets to the zero point it would have to be completely rezeroed

thanks
Tom

A 22-250 and a .243.

No need. Stick with the .243 and 87gr v max for fox. The .270 for deer.

But in reality the fox dont complain when hit by my 7-08.

:rofl:

So it wouldn't just be a case if swapping and moving the turrets to the zero point it would have to be completely rezeroed

thanks
Tom

Tom you can do what your saying with zero points but its a pain in the ass
better to build up your scope portfolio over a period of time like the boys have said
just about to put a second swaro on my 243 R8 barrel job done the way to go
regards pete .

Tom

I would echo Pete and Gary's comments - better to invest in another saddlemount and scope and have peace of mind. I have done this with my .308 and .243.

willie_gunn

Just been down this road myself and had the same advice about seperate scope and mounts being preferable as the mount needs to be tensioned to suit a barrel,can't really offer much advice on that at the moment as i'm still waiting for delivery of my second barrel but i am over the moon with the rifle (pro sucsess) and have no regrets.

Back