what is the best battery lamp out there and what prices?

hunting

what is the best battery lamp out there and what prices?
is there any good budghet ones out there?
please help

cheers
tim

The best lamp is the Lightforce although it is far from perfect and you will almost certainly end up rewiring it,and the best batteries are without doubt the Lithium Ion ones because they are so light,the only downside with th=ese is that when they run out they just stop there is no tailing off to give you a warning.

Martin

The best lamp is the Lightforce although it is far from perfect and you will almost certainly end up rewiring it,and the best batteries are without doubt the Lithium Ion ones because they are so light,the only downside with th=ese is that when they run out they just stop there is no tailing off to give you a warning.

Martin

My li-on 10amp has a line of green/red lights that give a warning as to remaining power.

Best bit of kit I have bought for a long time, worth every penny.

Marti
My li-on 10amp has a line of green/red lights that give a warning as to remaining power.

Best bit of kit I have bought for a long time, worth every penny.

Yep totally agree i have the same in 14amp:thumb:

I usually have the heavyweight 17 amp hr back up in the truck and usually end up using it although it has just gone kaput and decided not to charge anymore,but it is very very old and none of last forever.....lol

Martin

I bought mine before they did the warning lights....tough break eh?

Yes that must be a real sod, the power just suddenly tailing off without any warning, I didnt know they had made them without the warning lights.....

Maybe the best way forward would be to run a meter across it before you put it away and give it a boost if its low?

They dont get a "memory" like NiCads just top it up after every use you wont damage the battery it will keep full capacity.

Back