sizer die setting

ezzy6.5

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me the correct way to set a Redding full length resizing die? I have been Neck sizing but its time for a full length resize and I can't remember how to set the die correctly.

Cheers, Ezzy.

It should just be a matter of raising the ram to the top of it's stroke and screwing the dies down until it contacts the shell-holder.~Muir.

Ezzy.
Get onto Redding www. and check. RCBS recommend raise the ram until the shell holder touches and set the die 1/8" to 1/4" further down. This takes the play from the press leverage system.

Lee recommend raise the ram until the SH touches then lower the die by a further 1/4" to 1/3" turn.

If you use a Forster press and dies I will PM the answer to you as it is a bit different.

Spiker.

Well, if you screw down the die all the way, then it's a bit of a lottery as to how far you push back the shoulder. I would use a Stoney point gauge to measure the shoulder datum and screw down the die until you've pushed the shoulder 1-2 thou...

...Or, the easy way is to get the Redding competition shell holder set, you get a set of 5 which are designed for you to screw the die until it touches the shell holder except that each shell holder is 2 thou deeper than the next... So you swap shell holders until you've pushed the shoulder back enough.

JMHO

Back