tikka M55 Q?

wildfowler.250

I am planning having the trigger lightened as much as possible,(without making the thing a liability :lol:). Has anyone done this before with the above rifle? Is it an easy job or should I put it into the gunsmith? The trigger is breaking clean enough but it's a bit heavy.

Cheers!

If it is same as my old trusty M55 of yonks ago the trigger can be adjusted through the magazine hole when the mag is removed.
Make yourself a trigger pull tester with 7 lb fishing balance.
I used a `Little Samson`.
HWH.

Triggertester-1.jpg

Last edited:
If you set it light do not eject and re-load quickly as it may go off.
Be slow and precise.
I had a bad experience once with mine and immediately got out my screwdriver and increased the let-off pressure.
I seem to remember reading something about two and three-quarters of a pound minimum setting.

HWH..

I lightened the trigger quite simply by adjusting the trigger screw on mine but like stag1933 says make sure the sear/safety catch are properly engaging. If in doubt, put it to a gunsmith to do the work for you.

Cheers for all the help! I could probably do it myself but I'll see how much the gunsmith is after first,(if it's cheap I'd feel safer with him doing it).

If you set it light do not eject and re-load quickly as it may go off.
Be slow and precise.
I had a bad experience once with mine and immediately got out my screwdriver and increased the let-off pressure.
I seem to remember reading something about two and three-quarters of a pound minimum setting.

HWH..

Appreciate the advice! I'm sure its easy to ram another round in if you're needing a quick second shot. I'll maybe try 3lbs then.

Back