Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G4ema app for iPhone

G4ema app for iPhone

Hi all
    Anybody got this app and using it on there iPhone?
    I'm no techno wizard but even people I've spoke to with good computer skills can't work out how to plot your position when using google maps.Each time I (we) have tried it marks the shots in random places around the world,last attempt I managed to shoot two foxes and one red stag off the west coast of Africa???
    Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

You use it with Google earth. It plotted mine fine. This was the android version though.

Funnily enough I just installed this on an iPhone the other day with a view to testing it.... will let you know how I get on...

Worked perfect the first time I tested it, second time the fox i "shot" was just of Princess Street, Edinburgh. This is the android version.

Does this system still work in remote locations where there's no phone signal???... When Mark Gilchrist demo'd this on Fieldsports Britain I thought it was a good idea, but after some consideration decided it would be of little use for me as the last 3 stalks I've been on were in places where there's no phone signal.
    The wife seems to think that GPS will still work but I'm not so sure
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

So long as you can get a GPS fix (satellite) it will work, so most outdoor places - unless you are in the shadow of a mountain, or in an area of high RF interference!

hi been using it for a couple of weeks on android. I posted original link and vids here a few weeks back but then it was still not yet available for iphone. works fine hasn't lost gps on me yet.

Just a thought but if its on an I phone go into settings and make sure :location services : is turned on in privacy section ?
    just an idea
    regards andy

Thanks to all who have replied,will let you know how I get on!!

Here's the result of a test on Weds... looks like one GPS point went a bit funny but the rest are spot on...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stalk.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	251.8 KB 
ID:	20490