Thread: no deer

no deer

hi out there any one stalking in the borders region i'e peebles west linton romano bridge area's last 3 visits seen nothing but plenty of sign's on the ground

it's not just you and it's not only that region. I'm further down towards the A68 and it's VERY quiet there too at this time of year. no sign of bucks, the odd doe sticking it's head out of the woods, a quick nibble of grass and back in again. every year it's the same I feel, after the rut, maybe a quick peak for a buck in early-mid Sept. but otherwise it's not worth the effort until the does/kids start in late Dec/Jan. (I know the season starts earlier, I just don't start until later). Mid-Sept-Oct 20th is better spent on the stags IMHO, and then pheasants/ducks/etc. from mid Oct through mid Jan when I get working on the does/kids. sort of spreads the year out a bit more...I just need to figure out when I can fit in the fishing and all the other hobbies!!! oh what dilemma..oh, and the family...oops.