Here i go again!!!!!

nuttyspaniel

A few weeks ago I found myself in a situation regarding my loss f a lease and my local force!! I was given a bit grace to sort a new permission. Now Ive got a syndicate, the only problem the new lease hasnt arrived. I have all the details of it and they have been handed over to my feo with a 1 4 1. Today they have contacted me and given me 1 week to get it sorted or it looks as if my ticket is pulled. Now I can undertsand that a reason is needed and must be fufilled to own a sect 1 fire-arm. And they are insisting on written permision.

Now my question is after proving to them I have permision, they are still intent on getting written permision. Would a call to the lease holder not satisfy their needs? It doesnt say on the application that I can remember any way that permision must be in writing.

nutty

Come on John get the lease hold to scan a letter in send over email 20 seconds and its at your comp being printed ;)

like 6pointer said just get the lease holder to scan a copy of the lease and email it on thats all i did with mine , atb wayne

like 6pointer said just get the lease holder to scan a copy of the lease and email it on thats all i did with mine , atb wayne

Thats the problem as I said the new lease hasnt come through yet! Nowt to do with the leaseholder, he is a good decent bloke and has kept me updated.

nutty

Lads I would like to point out this thread is here to discuss the need for written permission on an application or a 1 4 1.

nutty

Well now I'm even more confused... there are hundreds, if not thousands of people who don't have their own ground and rely on paid stalks or invites.
I was going to give you an open invite down to my place, anytime you want but if Scottish forces won't accept it there's no point.

nutty you should only need a cover letter off the leaseholder to say you have the permission to stalk on the ground till the lease comes through shurely . atb wayne

Well now I'm even more confused... there are hundreds, if not thousands of people who don't have their own ground and rely on paid stalks or invites.
I was going to give you an open invite down to my place, anytime you want but if Scottish forces won't accept it there's no point.

Cheers Ive plenty of invites from loads of mates. Since the amalgamation of the forces (if thats correct) They wont entertain invites.

nutty

Just out of interest Ive contacted Matt at BASC left a message for him to contact me as I would like to hear BASC's thought on the need to produce written permision.

nutty

i was always asked for written permissions ,but for my fc lease a simple typed letter from the syndicate runner was sufficiant not from the land owner,atb wayne

i was always asked for written permissions ,but for my fc lease a simple typed letter from the syndicate runner was sufficiant not from the land owner,atb wayne

Wayne like you I have always produced written permision. I am just wondering if it is actually required by law. My 1 4 1 has been in for a couple of weeks, and I have even said phone the lease holder but they havent!! I believe Ive done everything i should but then again until told the official practise then I wont know.

nutty

Nutty a just got my first firearms ticket there with no ground. All I had was 2 booked stalks and the intention of gaining a syndicate when I got my licence so I don't why there giving you so much problems.

David

Nutty a just got my first firearms ticket there with no ground. All I had was 2 booked stalks and the intention of gaining a syndicate when I got my licence so I don't why there giving you so much problems.

David

Mmmmm so strathclyde are still granting on payed stalks, interesting Central, Lothian, Fife and if Im to believe what Im told Perthshire arent. How long you had your ticket out of interest?

nutty

nutty, how did your force find out about the loss of your lease?
Is firearms licensing slightly different in Scotland? south of the border once you have satisfied your licensing office of your nominated piece of land on renewal and you have an open ticket there is no need to inform them of any other pieces of land you shoot over and they should not be asking for this on a 1 for 1 variation.

Ian.

Back