Quad Bike Insurance

mudman

I am on the verge of buying a quad bike but I am really struggling to get insurance, in fact I only got one quote. Of the several insurers I tried one insurer turned me down because I wanted two named riders, a second because the quad would not be kept at my own residence, and a third quoted over £300 for third party only. Now as I only need to ride a couple of times a week along 100 meters of public road to get from part of the farm to another I thought over 300 quid was excessive.

So any recommendations please ?

100 meters? dont bother getting it for that if you ask me. Get it well chained to a good anchor into concrete and park your car infront of the door and will be safe as.
GT

I have mine insured on a farmer mates farm insurance it costs £200.We need it around here the Pikeys are stealing them every week.
Wf1

If your only doing that distance change its taxation class to limited use and then insure as agricultural vehicle with NFU. Cheep as chips.

NFU would not insure as they said it needed to be kept at my own residence.

Sorted now, my brother has arranged it through his motor bike insurance provider.

having it on a motor bike policy is fine as long as you dont tow a trailer in most cases as you wouldnt be covered. NFU insure mine and its not kept at my address. NFU offices vary hugely my local one was nearly £700 the one about 15miles away was £300 so there is no consistancy with them.

Definatly check the towing thing though if you use a trailer as that nearly caught me out.

I am on the verge of buying a quad bike but I am really struggling to get insurance, in fact I only got one quote. Of the several insurers I tried one insurer turned me down because I wanted two named riders, a second because the quad would not be kept at my own residence, and a third quoted over £300 for third party only. Now as I only need to ride a couple of times a week along 100 meters of public road to get from part of the farm to another I thought over 300 quid was excessive.

So any recommendations please ?

I have mine insured on a farmer mates farm insurance it costs £200.We need it around here the Pikeys are stealing them every week.
Wf1

Here's the clue. The insurer accepts £300 premium, against the fact that there is probably a good chance they will have to pay up to £7,000 or so to buy you a new one. Where's the incentive to them to want to do that? ;)

Last edited:
Also remember if you register/tax it as agricultural use, you are only supposed to use it on the road a maximum of 2km, between two pieces of land that you actually own ;)

Back