Thread: H4H Scooter Ride

H4H Scooter Ride

Hi all i just wanted to post about the multi club scooter ride that took place on Saturday 16th in aid of Help For Heroes and the coming bike ride.
    Riders from many diferent scooter clubs came together at various locations and held a sponsored scooter ride out to the Tank Museum at Bovington.

The evening was then spent at The Royal British Legion at Upton with Rat Race a local Ska group playing all the old favourites. They really were fantastic.

The Royal Marines were present and support and awareness raised for the sponsored Bike Ride with one courageous fella riding who is an amputee. There were also uniformed soldiers from many other Services in support.

The total raised was nearly 5000.00 with a huge raffle and donations. Incidently it was also the best ever night the British Legion had ever had with takings over the bar. We were all steaming.

The evening culminated in a laser engraved Port bottle auction donated by the marines.
    With my father being an ex booty i had to have the Royal Marines Commando bottle and my friend was also succesful on the Special Boat Service bottle.

I was over the moon today as recieved a phone call from one of the marines overseeing the evening and the bike ride and given the news that my father and i have been invited to Royal Marines Poole for a complimentary lunch as guests of the Sargeants Mess. I have given my place to my friends father and am sure both will have a great welcome and sore throats on their departure.

Absolutely fantastic day in aid of a fantastic cause.

Well done mate to you and the rest that took part
    and what a tremendous amount you lot raised too
    Well done to you all 8)

Fantastic day and what an amount to raise.
    I bet your old man and your mates dad will have a great time and will be well looked after...

Nice one

Very well done ps1

What a great day you all had, and a sum of money raised for HFH to be truely proud of.

Congratulations to all involved

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Sounds like a great evening - and all for a very worthwhile cause. I'm sure your dad will have a great time in the Sergeant's Mess - better start polishing those shoes now

Two proud dads were dropped at Royal Marines Poole today turned out like they were going to be inspected bless them where they were greeted at the gate and taken for a tour of the camp followed by lunch in the sargeants mess and a reunion with fellow ex servicemen over a couple of beers.

Both men had a fantastic time and my friend and i cant thank the Marines enough for giving two men in their seventies such a memorable day.

What can i say Fantastic.