Borders Roe Doe's

I'm seeing plenty of does in the Ayrshire area pal, some feeding out to quite late in the morning.
I'm planning to be out for them over the weekend.

Last edited:
Is'nt it a little (ie very) early to be starting on the roe does, well at least the ones with kids anyway?

I hope to be out after a few in ayrshire soon seen plenty and hope they show form me been in the town and seen quite a few but leaving the population to build up a bit in that area.

Is'nt it a little (ie very) early to be starting on the roe does, well at least the ones with kids anyway?

They are now in season and the followers on my syndicate are almost as big as the Does so no problem. Got my first last Monday :D

Jimbo

Mudman they came in on the 21st and they are fair game on some or my ground protection based. Some of the other grounds were deer are very much welcome and a crop of venison is taken each year then i am very picky.

Just come back from up there today
Shot a good one Saturday morning, saw a couple more late afternoon but with the snow and frost on the ground very hard to be quiet they got away.
Up side the country side with all the colour changes stunning.
Andrew.

Going a bit further north tomorrow near Inveraray I was up there on stags a few weeks ago but it was too warm so looking forward to it being a bit cooler even if it is raining

Just come back from up there today
Shot a good one Saturday morning, saw a couple more late afternoon but with the snow and frost on the ground very hard to be quiet they got away.
Up side the country side with all the colour changes stunning.
Andrew.

Hi Buckbones like you i thought the trees were stunning and last Sunday's wall to wall sunshine made you feel privileged to be alive and do what we do. Going back again Friday can't wait.

Jimbo

hi jimbo been up at bonchester bridge area this week end for start of does got two on sat morning and my pal got one , they were showing late in the morning on sat it was biter cold whith snow on the ground it was not easy to get to them but thats part of the game that makes it. atb harry 243

hi jimbo been up at bonchester bridge area this week end for start of does got two on sat morning and my pal got one , they were showing late in the morning on sat it was biter cold whith snow on the ground it was not easy to get to them but thats part of the game that makes it. atb harry 243

Well done Harry what area at Bonchester are you on as i used to stalk that way myself.

Jimbo :thumb:

hi jimbo we are at upper wauchope burn its my first year in it which up to now has been very good on the bucks and just started on the does which are showing but it seams to be midday till 2ish nothing on a morning or at dusk. we used to shoot the ground next door to this pach it was called langburn sheild which was also very good atb harry

Just back from two days in the Borders looking for Roe Does or Sika Hinds but blanked. Only saw two Roe Does and a Buck. Just didn't present and I was out all day for two solid days. It was fantastic just hewing on the hill and in the forest. Advance from my normal woodland southern stalking.

Back