Get away!!!

Si

In November Sporting gun there is a letter from a chap asking what's the chances of getting FAC after doing 2yrs for armed robbery 15yrs ago (he was the get away driver)
The advice given is basically to apply and see what happens, and to consider an appeal if it's refused.... WTF???

If this guy gets an FAC it makes a mockery of the whole system!!! :mad:

it was 15 years ago, did you never do something stupid when you were yonger? granted this is more stupid than most but whats to say he hasnt changed, settled down with a family and is now a respectable decent bloke, everyone has things they regret and most deserve a second chance, atleast give him a visit to see what the guys like imo

thanks
Tom

I think doubtful, but you never know -

If the person has been sentenced to a total of 3 years or more in prison or corrective training then they are prohibited for life from the possession of any firearm of any kind.

If a person has been sentenced to more than 3 months but less than 3 years imprisonment, youth custody/detention or a secure training order then they are prohibited from the possession of any firearm of any kind whatsoever for a period of five years from the date of their release.

Also anyone released on licence under section 53 of the Children & Young Persons Act 1933 (detention of young persons convicted of serious crime) and anyone subject of a binding over or recognisance a condition of which is that he shall not possess, use or carry a firearm.

Last edited:
In November Sporting gun there is a letter from a chap asking what's the chances of getting FAC after doing 2yrs for armed robbery 15yrs ago (he was the get away driver)
The advice given is basically to apply and see what happens, and to consider an appeal if it's refused.... WTF???

If this guy gets an FAC it makes a mockery of the whole system!!! :mad:

Stock car racing may be a more appropriate passtime . . . . . .sorry couldn't resist it !!! :lol:

I am about to apply I have had fac&sgc each case should be judged on its own merits but I will throw my toys out of the pram if he gets one and I do not
if he meets the requirements why not

it was 15 years ago, did you never do something stupid when you were yonger?
I've walked home ****ed with a traffic cone on my head... does that count?

Most of us have done stupid things, but we are talking about armed robbery here, not just a stupid prank. It takes a certain sort of person to carry out an armed robbery even if you are only the driver....

That's a pretty serious crime, would be a bit strange if he did given that people get refused on the basis of depression and family arguments... I suppose it was a long time ago, but that could just mean he hasn't been caught for 15 years!

Foolishness is one thing, but a history of violence is surely a no-no where firearms are concerned?

"and to consider an appeal if it's refused.":cuckoo:
Will that be a no win, no fee parasite then!!! I know the firearms law and guidance in this country has become over restrictive to say the least, but, honestly, if this is true, and this person gets an fac, i'll show my ar*e in Burtons window, sell my firearms and donate the proceeds to a Fox rehabilitation centre.

there was a man 2000 years ago who said "let he that is without sin cast the first stone"I have met silver spoon people with top jobs that I would not turn my back on when shooting and I have seen someone from a "poor " background excel when given the chance I do not know the man
not just shooting ,sailing and rock climbing

there was a man 2000 years ago who said "let he that is without sin cast the first stone"I have met silver spoon people with top jobs that I would not turn my back on when shooting and I have seen someone from a "poor " background excel when given the chance I do not know the man
not just shooting ,sailing and rock climbing

It's not a class struggle though - this guys a criminal that's been convicted of a violent crime... and we're not stoning him, we're just saying maybe a convict falls under the "unsuitable character" bit ;)

He could always apply for a job at the bank he robbed, then ask the manager to be a referee :D

sorry he may be a rich man if he meets the requirements he has as much right as you or me I have said that if he gets fac and I do not I would be unhappy but within the law he has a case for an fac

sorry he may be a rich man if he meets the requirements he has as much right as you or me I have said that if he gets fac and I do not I would be unhappy but within the law he has a case for an fac

speak for yourself.... I've never commited armed robbery

Back