I have joined the club

Psyxologos

I just came back from my DSC level 1 examination I did with BDS here in the north west of England and I am thrilled to report that I have been told I passed. Now I have to wait for the official certificate through the post. I plan to begin with my level 2 ASAP. Happy days!

Well done mate keeping going now for 2

Mr C And mr B run a good 4 day course

Djc

To what end. Are you planning to join an FC syndicate?.

I did the Dsc 1 years ago and it has served no purpose whatsoever. The syndicates that now require Dsc2 all seem to be way to expensive for my liking also, so I am not in a hurry to do that now either. I thougght about it this year, but tbh, it just seems to be money making for the sake of money making.

Hi I did my L1 with basc it all about making friends. I now have L2 & also in a syndicate with people that I did my L1 with.
So well done & keep going you will get there all the best

well done ,i did mine few weeks back and i learnt alot and really enjoyed the whole course ,i think if your serious about a sport you try and be the best you can at i think formal training certainly helps :D

Thanks guys. Rake Aboot, I just did it because I want to be as proficient, knowledgeable and informed about what I am doing as I can. I think it helped me a lot, and in the process I met some very nice people with which I hope to keep in touch and maybe become friends with. That's all...

Thanks guys. Rake Aboot, I just did it because I want to be as proficient, knowledgeable and informed about what I am doing as I can. I think it helped me a lot, and in the process I met some very nice people with which I hope to keep in touch and maybe become friends with. That's all...

I can appreciate that, but you would have been better spending the money on a couple of stalks. You would have learned more and met much more relevant people.

I have a friend that did not take up L1 he is to old now & can not get stalking for love or money .
L1 & L2 is the way forward with out it you take your chance.Farmers are now asking for L2 & insurance etc.

I have a friend that did not take up L1 he is to old now & can not get stalking for love or money .
L1 & L2 is the way forward with out it you take your chance.Farmers are now asking for L2 & insurance etc.

Don't follow the too old bit. My Dad did his DSC 1/2 in his mid '70's and he's still stalking and learning, more than ten years later. Regards JCS

Said farmers could go and whistle mate !.

I did not want to start a keyboard war. I just wanted to share my joy. I apologize if my intentions were misunderstood. As for 'additional stalks', well. I am hoping to join a syndicate, and the fact that I am now a trained hunter might just help. At the moment I have nowhere to stalk, and trying to get myself into the sport properly. I have had paid guided stalks, and will have some more in the near future, but these can be expensive, and I feel I can learn much more by tagging along other stalkers either as member of a syndicate (hopefully) or as someone's guest, should someone puts out an offer that I am eligible for. And having achieved a trained hunter status at least shows people I am serious about stalking and not a tourist. Thanks again!

Well done on passing your L1 and I hope you manage to find a syndicate or your own ground soon.
I'm sure you will though as the above shows you are taking the right steps and a good attitude towards your future.

I just came back from my DSC level 1 examination I did with BDS here in the north west of England and I am thrilled to report that I have been told I passed. Now I have to wait for the official certificate through the post. I plan to begin with my level 2 ASAP. Happy days!

I was also on the same course, excellent instruction from Colin and Gareth and a great bunch of guys on the course

HI Psyxologo you got L1 in the bag .When you are ready L2 .Why because there is not enough L2 to fill all syndicate places.
You will be indemand big time.

well done book a couple of stalks with an approved witness and ask him to talk you through the gralloch for level 2 and what is expected on your level 2
atb tom

I can appreciate that, but you would have been better spending the money on a couple of stalks. You would have learned more and met much more relevant people.

Couldn't disagree more . . . L1 is in my opinion the way forward for someone new to stalking. After passing the L1 a great deal can be learnt from going out with a pro and putting into practise the theory.

Back