Zeiss victory ht any good?

I've never seen one of the new Zeiss but what I will say, in the most general terms, is that I've always thought Zeiss glass to be somewhat better than Swaro.

As you already have a Swaro and are, therefore, bound to lose out on any trade, it may be worth considering exactly which part of the Swaro performance is stopping you from doing something you want to do. I honestly don't think you will shoot more deer with a Zeiss than with a Swaro as, in my view, a Swaro scope is adequate for what I would need it to do. I personally use a S&B but my experience has been that there is nothing between S&B and Swaro at last light, and adequate for the job is all I require from a scope.

If you were to keep your Swaro and put the cash saved towards some stalking trips then you could honestly say that the Swaro allows you to shoot more deer than having bought the Zeiss would. Life isn't about buying stuff but rather is about what you do while you are here so keeping your Swaro might put you ahead in that respect.

If you just have a pile of cash washing about in your pocket and you want to spend it to be seen to have "the best" then my advice would be not to buy anything before you've looked at a Nickel scope. My personal view was that it had a slight edge on Zeiss though, of course, I haven't compared Nickel to the new Zeiss range.

In an other word - NO

Any difference optically between your Swarovski and the Zeiss will be fractional and will not affect bag size or veiwing pleasure. Save ya money.

Alan

The illumination may make more of a difference in terms of things shot versus the Swaro.

If you've got the money and the inclination then go and buy one.

In a word no! At least not in my experience. The stunning clarity of the Vic HT tempted me to try something other than Swarovski. The first HT was very "graunchy" and the reticle would not move through part of its travel. The replacement would not hold zero! I am told that this is not a unique experience and suggest some quality control issues.

I've now mounted another Swarovski. The Swarovskis are heavier but do feel rather better built and I think the apparent clarity of the Ht may be more to do with its lack of any colour cast. The illuminated dot is however amazing.

I have spoken to a lot of people regarding the new HT and quite a large percentage are not happy with the image quality, especially with distortion at the image edge. I think for the moment its not something i would purchase. On the other hand the new conquest HD binoculars are very good for the money.

I have spoken to a lot of people regarding the new HT and quite a large percentage are not happy with the image quality, especially with distortion at the image edge. I think for the moment its not something i would purchase. On the other hand the new conquest HD binoculars are very good for the money.
Yes got a new pair of 8x42hd binoculars really nice and clear and nearly half the weight of my slc, that's what was tempting me to the new ht scope

I have just got the new ht scope in 3-12 not had chance to use it much but looks ok to me.

Steve

Back