Zeiss Milk Bottles

Klenchblaize

In the market for a pair of 8X56 bins and was surprised to note Zeiss still offer their Dialyt 8x56 GA T* (milk bottle) version and wondered why given I would assume the newer Victory 8x56 T* should outperform them??
dialyt-side_224x168.pngvictory-fl-8x56_inpage_224x140.png

Cheers

K

In the market for a pair of 8X56 bins and was surprised to note Zeiss still offer their Dialyt 8x56 GA T* (milk bottle) version and wondered why given I would assume the newer Victory 8x56 T* should outperform them??
View attachment 20970View attachment 20971

Cheers

K

The older ones are about the best optically and have a better balance. I have a pair of the 7x42 BGAT's and they are better opically, ergonomically and in build quality than the newer ones IMHO. They stopped making them because they are too expensive to make. The Victory's are built to a price. I would compare them side by side, but do be aware that both are large binoculars. Light gathering fantastic and ideal for if you are static say in a highseat or from a vehicle, but I think they a probably a bit too big to carry all day long. the 42 lensed bins are probably the best compromise, and I have was predominatly stalking in day light, rather than at last light the 36mm objectives are also well worth a look.

you are correct heym the 56 are to heavy on the neck on a day stalk but they are very good binos i sold my 7x42bgats on here a few weeks ago,big mistake! just today i have taken delivery of 10x42 conquest hd i think they are the best optics i have ever used just tried them when it was almost dark quite impressed but they dont feel as rugged as the b gats, only time will tell

Bit confused as according to the Zeiss website the "milk bottles" are still available. But then there is at least one Zeiss retained champion on here who I'm sure will provide total clarity/insight.

Cheers

K

Last edited:
Yup........the 8x56 BGA is still available from Zeiss.

It is very popular amongst European hunters.

I use them all the time, mine are nearly 40 years old I inherited after my wife's grandfather. I am not selling mine. Better ballance and lighter than modern x56 binos.

Back