Longridge fell

No they havent. No one did. The existing stalkers were awarded it apparently. I suspect they were told the best tender and asked to match it. Looks like it was all a paper exercise to be honest.
I bid but was not sucesful. Will pm you the amount if you wish

ye we also put a bid in ,as shootingduckdog says ,paper exercise or testing the water, hope nobody came from a long way off for what appearse a pointless exercise

i am one of the longridge syndicate and can assure you there was nothing iffy about our lease renewal.when any of us stalkers including yourself renew we all worry about how much others will bid and dread the thought of being out bid by people we dont know.we are not rich men but we bid a lot more than we paid in the past to keep our bit of stalking. i hope this puts your mind at rest and i also hope you find stalking at a reasonable cost regards CHAZNUT

Hi Chaznut. Thanks for that. I was not seeking to cast aspersions but when I asked about the lease originally I was told the original syndicate were being asked to leave. I then was told they were being awarded it. To be fair I feel sorry (in a none patronising way) as the rest of us have been used to increase your cost of stalking. I have heard nothing but good reports of the work you guys do on there so good luck and keep it up

thanks for the reply buddy no offence was taken but i can understand peoples frustration at the way these matters are dealt with. we have been in the same boat on numerous occasions. we have traveled and viewed many shoots in the past and have been astounded to lose some of them after bidding more than they were worth just because they were convenient for us. enough moaning lets enjoy the shooting while we can. cheers chaznut

Have you got plenty of sika on there. Only reason I ask is that someone had shot a stag in goosnargh. Seen a couple at ribchester when lamping but never seen any round here

I think it's only fair that the current syndicate should get first dibs at renewal, providing they have met all their obligations.

Slightly off the subject, but a couple of years ago in the above area walkers etc were calling the police and other rescue services as they heard them rutting with the whistle being considered as folk in danger.

thanks for the reply buddy no offence was taken but i can understand peoples frustration at the way these matters are dealt with. we have been in the same boat on numerous occasions. we have traveled and viewed many shoots in the past and have been astounded to lose some of them after bidding more than they were worth just because they were convenient for us. enough moaning lets enjoy the shooting while we can. cheers chaznut
spot on ,if you dont intend giving it up it is upseting when you lose it !, happy hunting ,its a lovely peice of ground

we have no sika at all roe only.forrestry shot all sika many moons ago wiped them out completely.it is a lovely piece of ground but you can not stalk it in the usual sense because of the amount of human traffic ie walkers cyclists motor cyclists dog owners who wont stick to paths and think they own it. if you are seen carrying a firearm they are not happy so all shooting is from highseats very early or late so although very nice also very frustrating cheers chaznut

Just been talking to my mate who lives in Blackburn area, Ticks all the boxes as far as what was required

He put in a bid of £1700 + vat

He was unsuccesful,

Bob

we bid quite a bit more than that to keep it because we have worked hard on the ground and put a lot of effort in as most of us do. it is not worth what your mate bid and certainly not what we bid. we just thought it suits us and is convenient. i feel we are all being manipulated at times and its sad it has to be that way regards chaznut

Back