Thread: DSL 2 portfolio sent back Waiting now

DSL 2 portfolio sent back Waiting now

What sort of things should i expect to be asked when they ring me up does he give you time to look things up Etc lots of sleepless nights waiting to hear from him/them

Everyone ( blatant generalisation I appreciate ) stresses a little over their portfolio, very little anyone says can help with that - sorry!

BUT - near everyone finds its far less painful than they fear!

The Assessor will simply be looking to confirm the authenticity of the portfolio and sample test your level of knowledge. If your AW's took you through the portfolio and asked the usual level of questions there should not really be an surprises to come.

Questions will be focussed on your individual portfolio - so if anything unusual was noted in the narratives that will likely attract a question. If you did not find any evidence of disease, then even if questioning was recorded in the portfolio the Assessor may well sample that as well.

Its not really helpful, but you've been through three ICRs and questioning will revolve around those - you covered the elements to the satisfaction of your AW (s) so you can take a certain degree of comfort.

The Assessor will be looking to chat through answers directly. If you have a copy of your portfolio to hand, that should steer you through 90%+.

Good luck.
    Stalking and Courses
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at Kelso, Scone & Moy 2016

Don't worry it will be questions on your portfolio, I got a few on deer management and diseases as long as you know the basics no problems you won't have time to look it up.

djc it will be questions on your portfolio when i did mine the assesor rang when i was doing the garden asked me the diseases that were notifable and afew other questions i got caught on the hop
    well done tom

The first question i was asked was "do you normally shoot deer in the head?"

my portfolio went back about 7 weekago the assessor phoned last night and ask three question and a wee chat.Glad thats past as had sleepless night the longer it took for him to phone .you be fine if you've done the work

My first question was "have you shot any deer at less than 350yds?"
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

well that day has come alast and now it gone i will sleep well to night
    as i am going to have a nice large malt

Happy days

Well done,what did he ask??

My assessor asked,

1) if you didn't have a dog with you, what would you have done to follow up shot deer that ran into cover?
    2) why did you gralloch deer in the field and what precautions did you take to avoid contamination of the carcass?
    3) what lymph nodes do you check and what would you expect to see on an deer with suspected TB?
    4) how would you approach a shot dead?

all pretty straight forward and pertinent to my portfolio.

Last edited by Willie; 26-11-2012 at 16:06.