Trail Cam with e-mail

1st Pattern Paul

Can anybody tell me if these are any good? EBAY number 230866911662
I want a cam that can e-mail me the pics as they happen, if anyone has one and can let me know how good or bad they are or even if they can recommend a different make/model then it would be much appreciated.
Many thanks

Paul

Hi Paul, there are a few issues regarding the e-mail option to send the pics, there is one man on this site who knows all the ins and outs of these cameras.
Plus there was an issue with water getting into one model, which has been redesigned, best confirm that these aren't the old design.

I have a 5210 which sends me pic's as text messages MMS and it works great.

Best google Ron Burys Wildlife and see what he has to say on the subject.

I have one and I was surprised at the quality. It's very good and the images I'm getting knock me out. I didn't go with a model that MMS or emails.

I am not the expert but playing with Roedinators for a while got it messaging that the camera had tripped. However in the sticks the bandwidth is hardly sufficient for sending pictures nor receiving them some places.

I'm happy with the model I chose.

Not sure about the reception where you are but GiffGaff do a cheap SIM deal and they use O2 or Three, their coverage never ceases to amaze me! So one of those could make it a great tool.
N

Spypoint are launching a brand new WIFI camera, and a new Live 3G camera which will allow remote viewing as well as email/text alerts.

The Wifi can connect to any wifi network and can also send up to 500yards to a mobile phone or tablet etc.

We are stocking the full range due early May.

More details here

SPYPOINT Cellular/wireless trail cameras

The Tiny W3 is also very interesting as you have a remote black box, which you can live view, or access data from remotely.

Regards

Paul

I have a hd 10 and a 3G spypoint live that sends photos to a cloud, which you log on to. It isn't hard to set up, just takes a bit of patience. The costs involved apart from the camera are the yearly subscription to spypoint cloud, which is about £20. Also, there is the top up of the SIM card and it eats batteries.

Reaction time isn't super fast and I am interested in seeing the improvements of the new models..but I think they will be expensive. The video that Scott Country has linked to looks good and I will look into these again. I use mine round my fishing lake, especially when I go to Scotland, so I see who has been and what has happened as well as on some stalking ground.

All in all, not as advanced as I was expecting for the money, but they do the job. Just have to make sure you can get mobile reception where you locate it. I wanted to put mine in a place I refer to as bambi's ally, but the trees and hillside make it a mobile reception black hole.

Last edited:
Spypoint are launching a brand new WIFI camera, and a new Live 3G camera which will allow remote viewing as well as email/text alerts.The Wifi can connect to any wifi network and can also send up to 500yards to a mobile phone or tablet etc. We are stocking the full range due early May.
more details here
SPYPOINT Cellular/wireless trail cameras
The Tiny W3 is also very interesting as you have a remote black box, which you can live view, or access data from remotely. Regards Paul

I get a great big black list of your products right across the screen so cannot read any of the details of any of the items !!

I use Guard cam most days and they are pretty straight forward, if you require e mails (SMS)you need to set up an account and it will be a monthly sub, but if you go for mms (text message) it will cost you per pic, reception tends to be ok if you go with vodafone and it must be a 2G sim that will send mms.

Last edited:
Back