police officer accidently discharges firearm

Negligent discharge more like, how could it of been an accident? He loaded and made ready, then pulled the trigger, thats not an accident imo.

Accidental discharge in his car. Allways wondered what they did in those cars for hours on end, then again you can never see there hands. Never mind, most of it should come out with deturgent.:rofl:

Paul

Negligent discharge more like, how could it of been an accident? He loaded and made ready, then pulled the trigger, thats not an accident imo.
you got it in one ,like to hear his story, might be usefull if i let a round off whilst cleaning the gun in the van waiting for my wife shopping down the mainstreet in town

Wonder if he's going to lose a months salary as I would...

Far too soft these days.... In my time it was cash and time in the pokey, all depending on how mean the Old Man was feeling on the day. :old: Mind you, makes you wonder what sort of 'team' the Royalty protection mob are?

One of us does that & FAC is probably gone.......obviously guns too! Rap on the knuckles & retired on a full pension for the clown that did that.

Just remember that these "professionals" are the ones who we are supposed to look up to and take notice of any advice they give.

Not to mention they are the ones who turn up to deal with the FAC holder ;).

Just be afraid .................................................... very afraid.

Sorry Brit, I see no reason to be afraid... never had a bad experience with the police, if fact an off duty policeman once stopped me from getting a kicking so they're not all bad.

Let's not jump to conclusions until the investigation is complete. Knew an armed response cop during low light training - took shots at target, re holstered Glock trapping toggle from draw cord on his jacket in the trigger guard within his holster, turned to face targets, draw cord pulled tight, BANG 9mm through his thigh. Out and out accident. Let's face it sometimes accidents happen and we learn from them, however if this cop has been incompetent in his actions then I would hope he should never handle a firearm in his life again.
Wingy

All police firearms are carried in condition one. That is cocked and ready to fire. Safety on. Have any of you actually carried an MP5K operationally? or even used one?

They are a pain in the ar*e - the safety comes off with the slighted brush against anything. He would have in a Q car outside the Royal's abode - his MP5 would have been in the footwell of the passengers side - as someone who has had an MP5 in the same place on more than one occasion - it is frighteningly easy for the safety to come off.

Now I am not saying this was or was not the case - but these guys carry them day in day out - they were Met officer's in North Wales. Whilst this does not excuse the event - it should give those of you who routinely bash the police, an insight in to how the weapon would have been carried.

For those who are going to ask why it was not on a 3 point sling. The officers would have been plain clothes. Firearms are not carried overtly by Protection officers in the UK.

Mike

Never used an MP5 much at all, but have carried the G3 quite a bit. The safety arrangement on the two is very similar indeed, and I can't recall the safety on mine moving accidentally on any occasion.

Negligent discharge,........... now there's a sad happening!,......... I myself suffered this unhappy event just this last year,although I was in the aim & on sticks at the time, still, no excuses, the safety in my case had not been re -applied...:oops:, the round entering the turf just in front of my dead deer, however, I'm not alone!!... I am aware of a recent sub calibre discharge being soaked up by a seat belt tongue, a very expensive motorcar parked on the same side as,:eek:,also a further discharge of a .223 causing a splash of tarmac upwards into the owners face,...........so these really unhappy events are not so unheard of as you may think,... mine cost me a level two stalk, the plod, well he may lose his income.:doh: ............ Glass houses & all that!:lol:

Accidental discharge in his car. Allways wondered what they did in those cars for hours on end, then again you can never see there hands. Never mind, most of it should come out with deturgent.:rofl:

Paul
Your a bad man Paul,
and who's going to pay for the hole in the floor of the car to be fixed ?

not sure if it was an mp5 but if have a weapon with a bad or useless safety you should not use it to have round in chamber with bad safety is poor
cocked and locked means locked ie safe and finger never on trigger

Last edited:
Back