Kibble / CSJ No Grainer vs. Skinners vs. ??

Hales Smut

For some time I feed diffrent products from CSJ. Most of the dogs are in good condition, but to much droppings( poo) and to loose. Is the No Grainer a major improvement in this department? Would Skinners Crunchy or Superior be better ? I try to find something similar to Royal Canin or Purina Pro plan but a a more honest price. Any suggestions??

For some time I feed diffrent products from CSJ. Most of the dogs are in good condition, but to much droppings( poo) and to loose. Is the No Grainer a major improvement in this department? Would Skinners Crunchy or Superior be better ? I try to find something similar to Royal Canin or Purina Pro plan but a a more honest price. Any suggestions??

I used to feed my terrier CSJ as that is what he was weened on, I noticed that he was poopin a lot and he wouldn't always eat it. I just used to leave it in his bowl until he finished it before feeding him any more but sometimes this was 2 days, But he was healthy, he worked well and he always looked well so I figured if it ain't broke don't fix it.

When I got my big dog he was on Purina Beta so for ease of only buying one brand I tried the terrier on that and there was a vast improvement, He always finishes his bowl (although that could be something to do with the fact there is a greedy lab/pointer cross hovering over him) and he ***** less. I wouldn't say that he is any more energetic or healthy looking though.

This is very interesting. I have fed CSJ to my 5 GSP'S for a few years now and like your dog they look in good shape and can do a days work on the grouse moor no problem. However just recently some of them have gone off it for some reason or other and they are not fussy eaters by any means. I am also finding that there is a lot of clearing up after them! I wonder if CSJ have changed their recipe in any way?

For some time I feed diffrent products from CSJ. Most of the dogs are in good condition, but to much droppings( poo) and to loose. Is the No Grainer a major improvement in this department? Would Skinners Crunchy or Superior be better ? I try to find something similar to Royal Canin or Purina Pro plan but a a more honest price. Any suggestions??[
Skinners are good meals -field and trial or workng crunch. Mine are on cobbydog supreme at mo, excellent

On CSJ the dogs are O.K , shiny coats, good weight, .... Before I was feeding GOSBI, a spanish brand, decent price 28 prot / 15 fat. The droppings with Gosbi were amazing. Two thumb sized droppings,a dog, a day. Two minutes after they fell down, you could throw them a mile away. Hard as rock. A dream to clean the kennels. Everything you get, you compare to it. Purina Pro plan salmon and rice is comparable and you only feed 250 grams a day for a spaniel. The price is out of range if you keep a larger number of dogs.
With Gosbi about 50 % of the kennel got to thin. I can't understand it 28/15 and little waste, so digestability must be high and still to much dogs to thin.
This week a friend brings me 4 bags of Skinners Crunchy. I'll give it a try.

I highly rate Skinners and feed my lab on it. Never had upset stomach problems and his coat always looks good. We sell it in our shop and the Rep told me that they are the only company that keep a consistent set of ingredients in the food, whereas other companies change the ingredients depending on what is cheapest at the time.
I use Skinners Field & trial maintenance or Muesli or salmon/rice - the lab seems to do best on the Muesli.
Mark.

Back