Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Police and Crime Commissioners update

Police and Crime Commissioners update

Dear All,

As some may know we have contacted all of the PCC Ccandidates to seek their views on shooting and asking for a meeting.

As you can see many have replied but many have not – so please I would urge you all to contact your candidates and ask them their views on shooting, please let me know what they say so we can update the information

Its important as the people who are elected will have a big say in strategic issues.

hi david i have only one responce from the humberside candidates will post the email but its from my work address so will get it tommorrow, atb wayne
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Hi David,

I was wondering if the actual written responses were available for perusal? I was curious about what the candidates that responded with a No actually said. For example, did they say "No, I don't think the public should have access to firearms" or did they say "I agree with public access to firearms but think the current law needs amending"? There is quite a difference there!

Also, I note the two main parties in my area have not replied. Do you have any objection if I were to 'chivvy' them along a bit, quoting their lack of response to BASC?

I guess ill be voting conservative then in North Yorks

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    I guess ill be voting conservative then in North Yorks
    Me too, never thought I would say that!!

No problem at all for people to chase up candidates individually, I certainly have been in Cheshire.

I willsee what I can do about getting comments from candidates posted to on the BASC site

Ok thanks!

I have just emailed the Conservative and Labour candidates for Avon and Somerset.

Dear XXX,

I am writing to you in connection with a recent enquiry from the British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC) on behalf of its members concerning your policies with regards to the licensing of firearms.

I was a little concerned to see that you hadn’t yet responded to that request whilst the Liberal Democrat and Independent candidates have.

As an avid shooter myself virtually all the direct contact I have with the police is related to the on-going administration and licensing of firearms and therefore the views and any plans a candidate has in this area will naturally have a significant impact on how I and the many shooters within the Avon & Somerset area will vote at the upcoming elections.

I would be grateful if you could respond to BASC’s request as a matter of urgency as, I am sure you are aware, time is rapidly running out. In case you hadn’t seen it I have included a copy of the email from BASC below.

Best regards,

Last edited by csl; 06-11-2012 at 14:32.

Many thanks to BASC for this initiative!
    Glad to see that there is one candidate in Surrey that responded positively.

Nice to see some activity from the BASC, CA what are you doing? atb Tim