Price of bullets.....

Sauer_202_6.5x55

What's happened to the price of bullets recently.......?

About 12 months ago I paid about £15 for a box of 100 Speer 6.5mm Hotcore bullets but the price has shot up recently and today I was quoted £39 by the Sportsman and RSD weren't much cheaper!!!

Whilst the £ to $ exchange rate isn't fantastic at the moment there must be a good reason for the price of bullets more than doubling? Is it a case of the British shooters being ripped off again by importers?, or are the US manufacturers running low on raw materials as the US government replenish their supplies?

Even the price of factory ammunition which some of my stalking friends buy is rocketing in price.... Some are paying £2 a round!

From what I can understand, Barak Obama is talking gun regulation and consequently the yanks are buying up everything they can in case he goes ahead with it :rolleyes: .

This is what bullets, powder, primers and brass has all shot up in price - everything is in short supply!

I bought 6mm Hornady 87Gr Vmax for £25 a couple of days ago.
Can't get Speer.
I asked Reloading solutions for prices on three bullets.
They gave me the prices but said none were in stock.
They had others though.
The dollar is now 1.5 to the £1, someone is getting rich.

jack said:
I bought 6mm Hornady 87Gr Vmax for £25 a couple of days ago.
Can't get Speer.
I asked Reloading solutions for prices on three bullets.
They gave me the prices but said none were in stock.
They had others though.
The dollar is now 1.5 to the £1, someone is getting rich.

I live and work close by to Reloading Soloutions and have been in there 6 times or more in the last 8 weeks i guess and i have never seen it so bad as it is now, The last time i was in they had no .22 subsonic bullets, nothing in .270 cal from casses to a range of heads etc. no Hodgdon powder at all.......if these people arnt getting stock it makes me worried for small RFD or someone forgot to order stock in time.... :p

Having spoken to someone involved with the Pheonix Meeting who was selling Accurate 2520 for £28.50p per 500grams he was very clear in the advice he was offering.

"If you can afford it buy the bloody lot it is going to get a whole lot worse in the long term".

This guy was taking some serious flak from another stall holder who claimed he couldn't buy at trade for £28.50p.

Upon visiting a RFD just outwith Glasgow I saw factory .243 at, wait for it, £39.95 for ONE box of 20. A tin of H4895 at £39.95p. Someone somewhere is creaming it off the top and bottom.

If its available and the price is right buy it.

Spiker.

At the moment in my area i did manage to buy my usual Varget and i paid £40 for a tub...... :evil: :evil:

They cost even more now

I bought 100 hornady interlock for £33 (.30cal), They were £20 a couple of years ago.
Cast bullets might be the future!

Back